Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Tracking - Steering Wheel Not Straight?

Cooter22

Got the tracking checked and adjusted at the weekend on my 03 T-Sport, and now the steering wheel is not quite straight. Before I go back and have a moan at the garage, is it likley that

a. they haven't adjusted the tracking properly (it seems to drive fine), or:

b. the tracking is only adjustable on one side, and the steering wheel will need to be removed and re-fitted?

Grateful for any thoughts.

Matt

I had the tracking done on my yaris recently and and when i got it back discovered the wheel was not sitting straight so i complained about it so the did the tracking again and it still did it and they said there was nothing they could do so i had to accept that.

the tracking was done with the old tyres on and i later discovered that the old tyres must have been already slightly worn which caused the steering wheel to go squint,because later on i got new tyres and the wheel became perfect.

but they could have done it wrong so maybe get it checked,but i wouldnt take the steering wheel off because it should be right without doing that.

cheers phil

My steering wheel is also off slightly to the left.

So it could be the tyres? Not due for a new front set yet...

Well I took it back yesterday, and they had another go at it. They claimed it was still slightly out, but that they have re-adjusted it and it should be all fine. It's exactly the same though. :angry: Car seems to drive OK, so am not unduly worried, but I might take it somewhere else for a second opinion, any recommendations in the Bristol area?

The wheel is turning slightly right by the way.

same thing happened to me it really annoyed me. its a month ago i got the new tyres on and everything else so ive kinda gotten used to it. i went back to the garage and said to them and when they looked at it everything was ok with it. and there wasnt even 1 mile on the tyres so no wear was possible.

I had a similar problem with my Sr.

I needed 2 new rear tyres and when they were being fitted i told them about the steering wheel slightly dropping to the left even on straight roads.

They told me straight away that the tracking would be out and i accepted that as i've had other cars what have done this. :(

They tried to sort the tracking but the nut on the track rod arm was seized up and it took them ages with a blow torch to heat it and adjust it. :angry:

They did adjust it eventually but when i was going home, i noticed that the steering wheel was still slightly to the left so i took it back and told them.

So then they did a 4 wheel alignment, basically they put the jigs on the 4 wheels and use lasers to get it all straight. They use the rears as a mark and match the fronts to them.

Turns out, my car's tracking was miles out of sync and the difference after was brilliant.

Now it's all perfectly straight, it feels better to drive aswell. :D

I got the work done at National Tyres & Exhausts and i can't fault them for customer care.

They even re-balanced the fronts at no extra charge.

The price i paid was £136.48p. That was for 2 new Avon tyres (195/50/15), 4 wheel alignment, rebalanced the fronts and tracking + the VAT.

Try them. Good luck. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links