Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handsfree Kit

bigbadtom

Hi i recently fitted a nokia CK 7w kit in my Toyota avensis.

i replaced an existing CARK 91 so i just spliced the wires. with this i have no ignition source (ie blue wire), so the kit stays on after the phone is removed from the cradle. also i was wondering does any body know where i could connect the mute wire to that will mute the radio when call is active. My car is a Toyota avensis 2002 reg.

i replaced an existing CARK 91 so i just spliced the wires. with this i have no ignition source (ie blue wire), so the kit stays on after the phone is removed from the cradle. also i was wondering does any body know where i could connect the mute wire to that will mute the radio when call is active. My car is a Toyota avensis 2002 reg.

Hi,

I have always founds it easier to wire car kits through the stereo system, as the cables are easily recognizable & you should find the mute cable easy enough, by removing the stereo. Having said that, I have never removed my stereo from my Avensis yet, but I'm contemplating it.

There is posts already on how to remove the stereo on this site. Do a search & you will find detailed instructions.

Hope this helps.

Marv

I use a Ck7W and have it wired without ign sense as it was a nuisence, switching off the phone and putting you to the trouble of putting in the pin, etc., if you forgot to remove it before switching off the ignition.

AFAIK, even though it stays on after the phone is removed from the cradle, it will switch off after 2 minutes and its reactivate when you put the phone in the cradle or touch the centre button on the volume control.

Sorry, I don't know where the mute cable is.