Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bodywork Advice Please...

stetango

may possibly be buying a gen 7 in next day or so....BUT.... i think it needs a new rear quarter panel. are there any guides or can anyone tell me/give me info on removing/replacing the rear quarter panels on these?

any help/advice/info/pics would be great!

cheers

here is a pic of the damage... obviously i'd need a new door but any ideas what i'm looking at cost wise to repair the rear quarter???

zoomdamage.jpg

Are you sure that's not an uneconomical write-off. Looks like a couple of grand to me if it's done properly.

Maybe it was an uneconomical repair for insurance but depends on how handy you are yourself.

From the picture It would seem that a lot of that damage on the rear quarter could be pulled back close to shape / bit of pannel beating from inside access if possible - then surface filled to finish off.

More time and pactience than money to fix it

Obviously the underbody should be checked out and make sure chasiss is not twisted or out to daft.

Good luck & Have a try first rather than just replacing all panel unless money is no object of course

A new quarter panel is a big job in a bodyshop, not something you can attempt on your driveway!

You will have to cut off the existing panel, cutting through the C piller and welding a new panel in. Remember all the interior trim and headlining has to be taken out/dropped down

If you pull that panel back to shape you will need about 3 gallons of filler in it :eek:

Not a job for DIY no matter how much time you have on your hands

Kingo :thumbsup:

I would say that sounds like its from someone with a lot more professional experience than myself in this type of repair.

Personally it would not put me off from trying myself,but it depends on your personal skill levels and the tools you have available.

Either way you can have nice car so dont spoil it with a bodge up job if your unsure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links