Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Questions......need Help!

Mastiff

In need of some help guys!!

I have a 1998 2.0 Turbo Diesel Avensis. Its not the D4D, anyone know what my engine code is?

Also can it be chipped or tuned? So many company's offer chips and upgrades for the D4D but nothing for mine :(

Any help on the above would be great :)

In need of some help guys!!

I have a 1998 2.0 Turbo Diesel Avensis. Its not the D4D, anyone know what my engine code is?

Also can it be chipped or tuned? So many company's offer chips and upgrades for the D4D but nothing for mine :(

Any help on the above would be great :)

"So many company's offer chips and upgrades for the D4D but nothing for mine "

Probably because yours isn't common rail (electronic) fuel injection, I believe yours is a mechanical fuel injection pump.

Just to confirm above posting engine is 2C-TE & has mechanical Denso pump - DPA type. Keep your money in your pocket, you don't have any tuning options.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: Not even worth fitting after-market air filter if available, will just give you more induction noise.

Thank you all :)

At last I know what my engine is called!!

Because of it being mechanical can I do what a lot of people do with the 405/309/306 Turbo Diesel and put a bleed valve on and up the fueling thus giving a bit of extra power!!

If this is the case I know where the bleed valve would go but where is the fuel screw?

In theory yes i suppose this is an option. But DPA & IN-Line mechanical pumps are set up exactly to specific settings layed down by pump suppliers & are phased & calibrated on special machines in fuel shops (Hartridge being one machine in are old fuel shop) all your really proposing is to dump more fuel into system ????? Bear in mind your emissions may be out of kilter at your next MOT not to mention excess black smoke from exhaust. Also age of engine, condition etc, service history all have to be taken into question.

Regards, Beagh.

Here is a pic of my engine

Is the 2C-TE a good one as in reliability, anything to watch for?

toyengine.jpg

yes as for me -- it is good one but the cam belt has to be cared and changed at 60k.

cheers/Igor

toyengine.jpg

Look at all those pipes and cables! I always thought diesel engines were supposed to be simpler than petrol ones?

toyengine.jpg

Look at all those pipes and cables! I always thought diesel engines were supposed to be simpler than petrol ones?

hello

as to the diesel -- all the same nature engines have the same working principle but only difer with design. it is understood each Brand wants to catch the client - so they improver their own product resulting difer view and design.

CHeers/Igor

In theory yes i suppose this is an option. But DPA & IN-Line mechanical pumps are set up exactly to specific settings layed down by pump suppliers & are phased & calibrated on special machines in fuel shops (Hartridge being one machine in are old fuel shop) all your really proposing is to dump more fuel into system ????? Bear in mind your emissions may be out of kilter at your next MOT not to mention excess black smoke from exhaust. Also age of engine, condition etc, service history all have to be taken into question.

Regards, Beagh.

Got to agree with everything Beagh says.

If you put more fuel in, you will get incompletely burnt fuel (black smoke) and not necessarily any more power.

You want more power cleanly, you need more fuel AND more air into the cylinders, that's what a turbo does. Compresses air into the inlet manifold to feed the cylinders (via an intercooler too maybe, that cools the air to increase the mass) More fuel can then be added to the mix without adding black smoke. Boost control wont allow full fuel until turbo pressure is up to avoid black smoke.

It'll last a lifetime like all old school Toyota engines, perhaps not quite as quick but a lot quieter and smoother than the later D4D, they don't seem to suffer the same problems that newer ones do either.

It'll last a lifetime like all old school Toyota engines, perhaps not quite as quick but a lot quieter and smoother than the later D4D, they don't seem to suffer the same problems that newer ones do either.

Funny you should say that mate. A friend of mine could not believe it was a diesel due to how quiet it is! Its a bit noisey for the first few mins from cold though. I think I got a good deal....

1998 2.0 Toyota Avensis GS Turbo Diesel Estate...... Elec windows, sunroof, mirrors, air-con, abs, central locking, alarm, CD player etc etc

2 lady owners from new

Full service history, mostly Toyota

82,567 miles

1 years MOT

4 months Tax

Excellent condition inside and out

Original Toyota book with heaps of reciepts etc for all work carried out

I paid £750 I think that was a good deal?

To mastiff,

Just a follow from other postings. This is a good solid engine that if well looked after will give you years of good service. I would leave well alone.

Regards, Beagh.