Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Box

janeyaris

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help / advise! Have 4 year old Yaris (bought in France - left hand drive). Last week gear box, synchronser and clutch went - garage here quoting €5k to repair (!!!). Anyone know what the likely costs are on this kind of job - and best course of action? We have 'logged' our complaint with Toyota Europe (who are looking into it) - can't believe all this work with a car not yet 5 years old! This is our 7th Toyota - and will be our last unless we can get someone to listen!

Thanks

Janeyaris

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help / advise! Have 4 year old Yaris (bought in France - left hand drive). Last week gear box, synchronser and clutch went - garage here quoting €5k to repair (!!!). Anyone know what the likely costs are on this kind of job - and best course of action? We have 'logged' our complaint with Toyota Europe (who are looking into it) - can't believe all this work with a car not yet 5 years old! This is our 7th Toyota - and will be our last unless we can get someone to listen!

Thanks

Janeyaris

for 5k you could buy another car, what garage was it.

Hi

Thanks

Janeyaris

for 5k you could buy another car, what garage was it.

Its the Toyota main dealer in Le Havre - North France. Should I ask for a break down of costs??

Get a list of parts

then

I would put a call into the nearest UK i.e Portsmouth and get an estimate from them as a reference :thumbsup:

5k is obscene you could easily get a re conned gearbox and new clutch fitted for a fraction of that cost.

If you look on eBay you can buy a complete engine: with gearbox for under £1k.

Totally agree! Will be my last toyota too! Bought a 4 year old Yaris three days ago... pull up in the drive and the gearstick completely snapped :angry:

Good luck with finding decently priced repairs!

Totally agree! Will be my last toyota too! Bought a 4 year old Yaris three days ago... pull up in the drive and the gearstick completely snapped :angry:

Ya can't really blame faults on the car that are possibly due to a ****** up PO ;)

If the lever snapped aftre 4 days, take it back to the seller (if a trader) and ask for them to put it right FOC under Sale of Goods Act.

Me thinks they dont want the job and priced it accordingly ;)

Get the box out and stripped, you probably wont need much to repair it, OR get a straight second hand replacement for a fraction of the cost

Kingo :thumbsup:

Bought a 4 year old Yaris three days ago... pull up in the drive and the gearstick completely snapped :angry:

Two points

The previous owner probably knew about the fault and is thanking his/her lucky stars that he/she got rid of it just in time

as it failed so soon after purchase you should be able to get your money back as the car was not fit for its intended purpose.

You have obviously been very unlucky, Toyotas are in general much more reliable that most other makes.