Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 99 Engine Oil 7a-fe

wahidhussain

hi all

i checked the engine oil today and found the dip stick was showing below low the last time i checked was 7 months ago when i got it serviced

its not vvti so i did not check very week. Is this nomal or is something wrong well it has be heavy on petrol for about a month iv been getitng 255

on a full tank

hope you guys can help

avensis 99 v reg

7a-fe

wahid

I would say pretty normal, but i would also recommend you to change your oil more often. Even though it hasn't done the mileage, recommendet between oil shifts.

However, every car has more or less of an oil consumtion and 7 months is a long time. As a matter of fact, it would surprise me if the level was the same

How many miles have you driven?

The difference between the lower mark and the full mark is about 1.5 litres. Using around 1 litre per 7/800 miles is not excessive. That's what mine is doing at the moment. It's been like that for the last couple of years. Many engines use oil - many don't. There is only a real problem if there is a compression variation between the cylinder or one (or more) of the plugs are fouled with oil.

Just keep an eye on it and top-up where necessary.

BTW the new Astras have quite excessive oil consumption when compared to our ageing motors.

hi

thanks for the fast reply guys

when i had it serviced it had 95k miles and now it has 101k

thanks

wahid

How many miles have you driven?

The difference between the lower mark and the full mark is about 1.5 litres. Using around 1 litre per 7/800 miles is not excessive. That's what mine is doing at the moment. It's been like that for the last couple of years. Many engines use oil - many don't. There is only a real problem if there is a compression variation between the cylinder or one (or more) of the plugs are fouled with oil.

Just keep an eye on it and top-up where necessary.

BTW the new Astras have quite excessive oil consumption when compared to our ageing motors.

Got to pull you up on that one, 1 litre in 800 miles not excessive? 1 litre in 1000miles is enough for Toyota to give away new short motors and fit them for free. They wouldn't do that if it wasn't deemed excessive.

O.K it's not a new motor by any means (10 years old) and it may have done a lot of miles, I don't know. It's not drastic enough at that age to be spending a load on engine rebuilds etc. so, keep your eye on it and live with topping it up every now and then, just don't leave it so long without checking. Oil is a lot cheaper than a new engine.

I got a suspicion that gazza is refearing to the notorious oil consumption of the early vvt-i versions. The 7A-FE is however is a pre vvt-i engine. I would say a liter pr. 5000 km being acceptable. Maybe little less, maybe little more, depending on the driving condition and invironment

SF695

i would also recommend you to change your oil more often

hi guys

thanks for the replys

do you mean i should change oil filter too. And have i f***** up my engine becoz i had the car for 3yrs now this is the first time this happend

thanks

wahid

SF695

i would also recommend you to change your oil more often

hi guys

thanks for the replys

do you mean i should change oil filter too. And have i f***** up my engine becoz i had the car for 3yrs now this is the first time this happend

thanks

wahid

Yes. I speak in kilometers, so bare with me. Oil and filter change, preferebly every 5.000 km., not exceeding 10.000 km. You can get away with doing it less often, but the engine doesn't like it. Old oil looses it's lubricating effect and old filters restrict the oil flow.

Forgot to add. Except for the mileage interval, you should also change your oil at least every 1/2 year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links