Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Usage On My Celica

nagirrocmail

I have a celica (y reg, vvti, 1.8, 140hp) it uses oil very regular i have to top it up almost every week now. I use 10w40 and the problem has recently got worse. It isn't leaking so I have no idea what the problem is. Anybody got any ideas or had similar problems??

are you noticing any blue smoke out of the exhaust?

if your getting blue smoke whilst it is standing ie traffic lights etc but not whilst your driving then it sounds like valve stem seals, but if your getting constant smoke whilst driving then it is probly piston rings

You need a new Short Block, if you have comprehensive service history, take the Car to a Toyota Dealer and ask very nicely for Toyota UK to pay for the remedial work. They are very well aware of this problem which is an inherent fault in the Block. 10W40 by the way, is the correct viscosity Oil for the Gen 6, the Gen 7 should use 5W30 so don't mention that to the Dealer.

You need a new Short Block, if you have comprehensive service history, take the Car to a Toyota Dealer and ask very nicely for Toyota UK to pay for the remedial work. They are very well aware of this problem which is an inherent fault in the Block. 10W40 by the way, is the correct viscosity Oil for the Gen 6, the Gen 7 should use 5W30 so don't mention that to the Dealer.

Just a side question here, If i have a 5th gen is it still good to be using 5W30 or should i go with a higher or lower viscosity oil?

It's basically the same engine as in the Avensis, right? It's known for it's oil comsumption, as several treads here comfirm.

There is a tread, started by igormus, explaining the reason for the problem, but i forgot what it is called.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but think it's got something to to with the oil not being drained well enough from the valvetrain, with the result that it's finding it's way into the combustion chamber trough the valves

I've heard about the blue smoke before but i've never seen it come out of my exhaust. Thanks for all the replies.

As for a new short block if i cant get a toyota dealer to do it for me how much are we talkin at regular garages?

Around £2K inc. parts and labour, which is nearly as much as the Car is worth. If Toyota GB won't play ball, your best bet is to part ex the Car..sorry :(

Hi mate

if Toyota wont sort you out give me a shout,I can sort it for you at a good price.pm me if interested

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links