Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2001 D4d 2.0 Gs Old Shape

Jamy197g

Hi Guys,

My mate has asked this question, but is unsure if his vehicle has a Cam chain or belt...

The Dealer is not sure as one has said chain and the other has said Belt... is there any way to tell looking at the engine?

Does anyone have a picture showing the cambelt on this engine?

Thanks

Im sure it a belt. If the cover is plastic (black) it is a belt if the side cover is all metal then its a chain.

Hi Guys,

My mate has asked this question, but is unsure if his vehicle has a Cam chain or belt...

The Dealer is not sure as one has said chain and the other has said Belt... is there any way to tell looking at the engine?

Does anyone have a picture showing the cambelt on this engine?

Thanks

hello

you can simply have a look on the design first, secondly normally the cam belt is never positionned inside of the engine but only outside from the one of the engine edges and it is clear vissible (even it might be covered by plastic covers). But the chain is alwais inside the engine due to it is flash lubricated.

i deem the above is an answer to your question.

Cheers/Igor

According to my friend the engine cover is all metal except the 4 or 5 inches at the top which are plastic that is under neath the top plastic cover.

The only belts visable are the auxillary drive belts??

According to my friend the engine cover is all metal except the 4 or 5 inches at the top which are plastic that is under neath the top plastic cover.

ask your friend to have a look using flashlight

the belt can not be invisible :)

cheers

ask your friend to have a look using flashlight

the belt can not be invisible :)

cheers

Thanks Igor

Will do!

Still confused whether or not the engine has cambelt or chain.

Engine code is 1CD-FTV

Chassis No: SB164DBN00E062175

Could any one tell by this if it is chain or belt driven?

Thanks

To Jamy197g.

The 2 litre diesel engine that you have ie:1CD-FTV is 100%, written in stone, without any doubt whatsoever CAMBELT DRIVEN.

The metal you describe bolts to engine & your O/S/F inner wing engine mount bolts to this large metal bracket.

The plastic covers surround this mounting bracket, thus maybe this is the point of confusion, seeing metal mounting bracket & plastic covers.

Make sure you change water pump when having belt changed, as nice new belt can lead to old pump giving up a week or two after belt change, have seen it happen many many times.

Regards, Beagh.

To Jamy197g.

The 2 litre diesel engine that you have ie:1CD-FTV is 100%, written in stone, without any doubt whatsoever CAMBELT DRIVEN.

The metal you describe bolts to engine & your O/S/F inner wing engine mount bolts to this large metal bracket.

The plastic covers surround this mounting bracket, thus maybe this is the point of confusion, seeing metal mounting bracket & plastic covers.

Make sure you change water pump when having belt changed, as nice new belt can lead to old pump giving up a week or two after belt change, have seen it happen many many times.

Regards, Beagh.

Thanks Beagh. and everyone else thats responded.

Thats really great help.

Regards

Jamy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links