Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slightly Caught Out!

vivianM

Just had a call from my local Toyota dealer saying my T180 is due for it's first service - my reply "you must have my earlier RAV" , as both have the same personal plat . "Oh no, it is not that one it is your new one bought in Sept 2008! " I had completely forgot it was a pre-registered one dated April 2008 and I have only done about 2500 miles!

Do watch out if you are buying a pre-registered model as if you do not take up the service offer it may affect any future warranty claims.

The nice lady at RRG Stockport did not know of the Engine ECU reprogramming which I am fairly certain is due on my model and my VIN number ties up with the numbers listed on the post by Anchorman so will report if there is any change in performance/economy after 3rd April. (And they are being given the post printout when it goes for serviceing so no excuses!)

Guy

Just had a call from my local Toyota dealer saying my T180 is due for it's first service - my reply "you must have my earlier RAV" , as both have the same personal plat . "Oh no, it is not that one it is your new one bought in Sept 2008! " I had completely forgot it was a pre-registered one dated April 2008 and I have only done about 2500 miles!

Do watch out if you are buying a pre-registered model as if you do not take up the service offer it may affect any future warranty claims.

The nice lady at RRG Stockport did not know of the Engine ECU reprogramming which I am fairly certain is due on my model and my VIN number ties up with the numbers listed on the post by Anchorman so will report if there is any change in performance/economy after 3rd April. (And they are being given the post printout when it goes for serviceing so no excuses!)

Guy

Hi Guy,

I bought my XT5 from RRG Rochdale just 12 months ago. They rang and offered to service it "at a discount". Offer was £142.66. Checking with a couple of other dealers locally, the going rate around here is about £170. They are doing the ECU upgrade at the same time. Have you got a link for the post with the service schedule? I've downloaded the schedule from toyota tech docs but it would take a fair amount of work to convert it to a version just for the XT5 D4-D, so if someone has already done it I'd be very happy. :yahoo:

Chris

There is a simplified version in your service book.

Chris

There is a simplified version in your service book.

Cheers Anchorman - I think that I'm blushing! Get so used to picking up the information on here that I ommitted to look there. DOH!

Ive just had my first service reminder as my T180 was pre registered in April but I didnt buy it till August 1 but need to keep the warranty up

Guy

Hi Guy,

I bought my XT5 from RRG Rochdale just 12 months ago. They rang and offered to service it "at a discount". Offer was £142.66. Checking with a couple of other dealers locally, the going rate around here is about £170. They are doing the ECU upgrade at the same time. Have you got a link for the post with the service schedule? I've downloaded the schedule from toyota tech docs but it would take a fair amount of work to convert it to a version just for the XT5 D4-D, so if someone has already done it I'd be very happy. :yahoo:

Thanks for the info. shall be checking as best I can that all the work is carried out especially that they use 5W-30 oil as recomended, being so low mileage not much should be need to be done.

Will also see what price they propose before agreeing!

Guy

Guy

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the info. shall be checking as best I can that all the work is carried out especially that they use 5W-30 oil as recomended, being so low mileage not much should be need to be done.

Will also see what price they propose before agreeing!

Guy

Hi Guy,

Well you can always tell them that RRG at Rochdale are doing the deal and ask if you need to go there ;) I think that the answer will be "No",

I agree with Chris and I would certainly not accept the first price they give you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links