Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Google Earth - Time To Up Protection On Your Wheels?

xenodrew

Does anyone else feel, even just a little uncomfortable, that you can see close ups of whatever is parked up on your driveway - from anywhere in the world?

You can get most details of a car owner/registered address via the number plate and now you can check out where it's parked too! Without leaving the comfort of your armchair - it might not be used for crime related purposes just now - but then it's just been launched in the UK - Time for the CCTV and wiring the body work up to a tranformer methinks . . .

There's also the possibility of seeing the right car in the "wrong" driveway . . . if you know what I mean, eek!

If I Google earth my house, you can see a red car in the drive, i havnt had a red car for donkeys years, I wouldnt even begin to worry about it, you should be more worried about the intrusive CCTV everywhere

Kingo :thumbsup:

They should chip all these hoodies and give 'em a couple of kilovolts every time they wander anywhere near an off licence, sniff anything stronger than freshly mown grass or raise their voice even slightly louder than a whisper. If they even contemplate stealing somebody elses property then just turn the old voltage up a couple of notches (each notch = + 1000V).

I'm all for accountability!

I will be standing for election next time around if you want to vote :P :robot:

........incoming - take cover!

They should chip all these hoodies and give 'em a couple of kilovolts every time they wander anywhere near an off licence, sniff anything stronger than freshly mown grass or raise their voice even slightly louder than a whisper. If they even contemplate stealing somebody elses property then just turn the old voltage up a couple of notches (each notch = + 1000V).

Go for it Anchorman :yahoo:

You want to play with the new Google Street View...ITS BRILLIANT...

Sod the zoom feature on Google Earth as those images are years out of date...The Google Street view is bang upto date and very clear... Give it a try (only major cites working at the moment though)

Heres me out side the Bank of England. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: ..Click Here

Hi Parts-king

Google Earth overhead results may be "donkeys years" out of date, but the Street View is only around six months old.

This may not be being used for negative purposes just now - but on the whole most crime is opportunistic, that's why I feel that if it isn't already being used negatively then in the long run it might prove more of a burden than a benefit - especially when you can see detail like people in their homes, door numbers on doors, name plates, occupied during the day or not, alarm systems . . . or lack of

Hi Parts-king

Google Earth overhead results may be "donkeys years" out of date, but the Street View is only around six months old.

This may not be being used for negative purposes just now - but on the whole most crime is opportunistic, that's why I feel that if it isn't already being used negatively then in the long run it might prove more of a burden than a benefit - especially when you can see detail like people in their homes, door numbers on doors, name plates, occupied during the day or not, alarm systems . . . or lack of

Add the info the tele-sales call asking if you have the latest up to date burglar alarm and fire system and my days of plunder and pillage are over :lol: :lol: :lol: (too old for the other bit :lol: )

On the other hand, its a good way to choose yer next car!

they'll have a hard time finding my car shown in the photo that is up - I took it to the scrappy before Xmas! :P

I will vote for you mate :lol:

jerry

vac6_tn.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links