Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Picked Up Rav......but?

ozzy35

Hi all, officially a rav owner now :thumbsup: ,but after driving at normal speeds,gear shifting at about 2-2500 rpm,my amp reading is only saying 24mpg...whereas when i test drove the same model i was getting 42mpg on the amp computer,driving the same way using all gears when poss.

Is it because its a new engine and needs to bed down or is the computer on this model not so accurate,which i doubt?? :o

Hi all, officially a rav owner now :thumbsup: ,but after driving at normal speeds,gear shifting at about 2-2500 rpm,my amp reading is only saying 24mpg...whereas when i test drove the same model i was getting 42mpg on the amp computer,driving the same way using all gears when poss.

Is it because its a new engine and needs to bed down or is the computer on this model not so accurate,which i doubt?? :o

Don't worry about it yet - my MPG went up a fair bit over the first 2000 miles. First tankfull was worst one I have ever had in the RAV. :thumbsup:

Just a thought your not looking at average MPH, as opposed to Average MPG are you because i have done that recently, but then again I'm cracking up, other than that it needs a good few miles to show a proper average..

I never use the mpg display, biggest waste of time and money in the car, only "accurate" way is fill to fill.

Ozzy

Can you add some details to your profile so we can see what model you are referring to.

You need to cancel the trip meter by pressing and holding the RH button while the ave mpg is on the display. It will then take a few miles to settle down.

Good, glad it needs some miles on the clock before i get a better mpg...

Anchorman,will update profile,and i have the 4.3 rav.Will reset it and see how it goes,thanks again all,just ftted the oem side steps today,quite a doddle to fit but had to cut a v in the 2 plastic protectors underneath on each side,which the instuctions did not show,so they could stay fitted to the car.

I noticed they dont stick out far to get a foot on properly when getting out,but ok when getting in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links