Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Wheel Bearings

ptg1174

hi guys my wifes yaris 1999 1.0 just failed its mot due to n/s/f wheel bearing are these difficult to change it also failed on the horn not working it does really i tested it the professonal way ( pressing on it)

please advise on wheel bearing

Wheel bearings are fairly straight forward to change.............IF you have a hydraulic press. If not then I'd suggest that your best bet is to get some prices from local garages. An independant garage will prove a lot cheaper than Toyota probably.

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my wife's Yaris. I visited a car dismantler and was able to obtain a hub with bearing which was relatively easy to swap for my defective unit. saved messing about with bearings.

Of course I'm taking a chance fitting second hand parts but as the car is 1999 the bearing will hopefully outlast the car. On a newer car I'd probably get a new bearing and have a mechanic press it into the original hub.

hi guys my wifes yaris 1999 1.0 just failed its mot due to n/s/f wheel bearing are these difficult to change it also failed on the horn not working it does really i tested it the professonal way ( pressing on it)

I think my o/s/f bearing might be going ! what are the symtoms ?

Thanks

Kcs

Thanks

Kcs

bit of squealing from bearing and a strange noise (which i previously asked about ) when on motorway at about 60mph, got it all done for £35 and case of beer from mates garage

Thanks

Kcs

Also, they may get hot (feel the centre of the wheel after a run) and/or collapse and seize, so take care. This is extreme, though!

Thanks

Kcs

Also, they may get hot (feel the centre of the wheel after a run) and/or collapse and seize, so take care. This is extreme, though!

Many thanks for al your reply's

Kcs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links