Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Blue

MSI64

Bought a AYGO Blue 5 dr 57 plate.

Cant keep out of it, its fantastic.

I have all sorts of cars from Landrover to Fiats but this small car beats the lot. It drives like its stuck to the road, Some people have talked about it having a lack of power but mine moves like Greased weasel poo.

The bluetooth is a God send as the wife always calls me at the most stupid of times.

Its basic inside I agree but its funky too.

Brillliant buy and even though I wanted a three door the five door still looks sporty.

Just been out in my Aygo for my first trip around town.

Am even more impressed than I was. I normally have problems with clutch bite in new cars, was worried about sitting in a queue on a hill, but not a problem.

Gear change is smooth as can be and acceleration onto a roundabout was great. She pulls away like a dream and its the best car I have ever had!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Just been out in my Aygo for my first trip around town.

Am even more impressed than I was. I normally have problems with clutch bite in new cars, was worried about sitting in a queue on a hill, but not a problem.

Gear change is smooth as can be and acceleration onto a roundabout was great. She pulls away like a dream and its the best car I have ever had!!!

I m driving an old ageing 106 Looking to buy an Aygo Blue in future too. Got to ask. Whats the noise like in the cabin at 70mph? People on here say its quite noisy.

The three cylinder engine fitted in the Aygo (and the current 1.0 Yaris) produces a sporty rasp to the exhaust.

This only adds to the character of the Aygo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok have been commuting for the past couple of works 70 miles each way and this is my assessment.

Very light agile and comfortable to drive, my only complaint in the cab is the blower control is a little close to my leg.

Kind of noisy in fourth when on the motorway but once you slip into fifth she purrs like a kitten.

Filled her up three weeks ago and still got two bars left on my fuel gauge.

Responds beautifully on cornering but can move around a bit in high wind.

Overall a pleasure to drive and I really enjoy getting into her to drive either way.

Great to see you love the drive, and thans for the reply too.

I ve "Youtube-d" the Aygo on there and found a vid of someone driving on the motorway, and it seems quiet even in the vid.

Have you noticed the Aygo Blue earlier versions seem to be a darker shade of blue than the Phase 2 model?

Any pics of the "greased weasel poo"! lol :D

• 1 year later...

Just had my little baby serviced 129 quid and 40 quid to rebalance my steering.

Now it was a small back street garage but by heck did they do a good job.

Handbrake tightened feels like new, brakes sorted out and rebalanced realigned. It is like running a brand new car

I love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Just did a run in our Aygo blue from Derby (ish) to Manchester. 70 odd miles using motorways (inc M6) and I was very impressed. It was our Aygo's first time on a motorway and the noise level was fine, the ride was exceptional, minimal buffeting and the fuel guage didn't move til we were nearly home!! Only thing worth mentioning is that you need to just be a bit careful when planning to overtake on a motorway if the traffic is heavy. I didn't have a problem but I did keep an eye on what was in the adj lane behind me before I pulled out.

We are off to Portsmouth in a day or 2 on the back of our findings on the Mancester trip. We were going to go in the Xsara Picasso (there will be me, my wife and our baby girl)but it uses alot of petrol and we can get us and our stuff in the Aygo no worries! !Can't wait!!

Rich

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I just been test driving an Aygo for the past couple of days and fell in love with the car immediately - it was like driving a go-kart!

I have just ordered a brand new Aygo Blue.

Now I just need to keep my excitement to a decent level until the car arrives...

Happy driving,

Simon.

• 1 month later...

Just did a run in our Aygo blue from Derby (ish) to Manchester. 70 odd miles using motorways (inc M6) and I was very impressed. It was our Aygo's first time on a motorway and the noise level was fine, the ride was exceptional, minimal buffeting and the fuel guage didn't move til we were nearly home!! Only thing worth mentioning is that you need to just be a bit careful when planning to overtake on a motorway if the traffic is heavy. I didn't have a problem but I did keep an eye on what was in the adj lane behind me before I pulled out.

We are off to Portsmouth in a day or 2 on the back of our findings on the Mancester trip. We were going to go in the Xsara Picasso (there will be me, my wife and our baby girl)but it uses alot of petrol and we can get us and our stuff in the Aygo no worries! !Can't wait!!

Rich

Hi Rich,

I think you`ve sexed up your Aygo. I do 100 too and from Glasgow to Edinburgh, on the M8, and the wee Aygo drinks the petrol like nothing else. Its a town car, and I get better MPG on urban conditions, and not on the dual/motorway.

Glad ya like the cheeky, Aygo. I cant keep out of mine :yahoo:

Rich

Hi Rich,

I think you`ve sexed up your Aygo. I do 100 too and from Glasgow to Edinburgh, on the M8, and the wee Aygo drinks the petrol like nothing else. Its a town car, and I get better MPG on urban conditions, and not on the dual/motorway.

Glad ya like the cheeky, Aygo. I cant keep out of mine :yahoo:

When we first got our Aygo we took it to Folkestone when it was only 3 weeks old to show it the beach - 68 miles A13/m25/m20 and back on the same roads, filled it up before we went, topped it up when we got home - 81 mpg, traveling at an indicated 60/65/70 mph too - normally getting around 48 mpg - country lanes/shopping etc over a month....

• 2 years later...

First. Noise is not too bad but get some carpet underlay and put that under the carpets especial in the boot and that helps a lot. Secondly, Fuel consumption is very much dependant on your driving. I was getting 50 to 55 mpg leisurely driving but drive at 60 to 65 mph and the fuel rises to nearer 60 mpg or more. Never yet done under 50 mpg in 30,000 miles.