Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loosing Water......help!

Mastiff

This is a strange one!!

My 1998 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Turbo Diesel (not D4D) is loosing water but there are no signs as in little puddles on the garge floor. There are 2 filling points. 1 is on the rad, this is always full. The other is the expansion bottle. I will fill the expansion bottle from Min to Max every 3-4 weeks and I do about 250-300 miles a week. Even when its on Min the rad is still full? Engine temp is fine, no mayo in oil, no puddles on floor etc.......cant understand

Any ideas????

ps.... She has had 1 previous owner from new (elderly lady) and has 82,785 miles with full service history so engine has been well looked after :)

This is a strange one!!

My 1998 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Turbo Diesel (not D4D) is loosing water but there are no signs as in little puddles on the garge floor. There are 2 filling points. 1 is on the rad, this is always full. The other is the expansion bottle. I will fill the expansion bottle from Min to Max every 3-4 weeks and I do about 250-300 miles a week. Even when its on Min the rad is still full? Engine temp is fine, no mayo in oil, no puddles on floor etc.......cant understand

Any ideas????

ps.... She has had 1 previous owner from new (elderly lady) and has 82,785 miles with full service history so engine has been well looked after :)

hello

check with expansion tank lid sealing ring.

The cooling system must be under pressure.

In case of opposite -- yoou lose coolant by means of boiling.

Cheers/Igor

This is a strange one!!

Any ideas????

If it isn't coming externally, it must be going internally (like a head gasket problem or similar). Such a relatively small amount would evaporate out of the oil so will not emulsify.

Are you sure it isn't overflowing the expansion bottle when it is hot? If it is doing, the problem is either a.) excessive pressure in system (i.e. head gasket or similar) or b.) faulty pressure cap.

The rad will always stay full as long as there is coolant in the expansion bottle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links