Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres And Tsc

Soutar Johnny

I recently had new 17" low-profile tyres fitted to the rear of my 2005 Avensis (VVTi 2.0) and found that the TRC sometimes kicked in when cornering fast. A local mechanic spotted that the new tyres had been put on inside out and put them back on the right way round. Since then I have had no trouble, but my Toyota garage say there is no way that the way the rear tyres are fitted could cause a TRC error. Is that so, and if so what is the possible explanation for the TRC kicking in like that? Any ideas?

I recently had new 17" low-profile tyres fitted to the rear of my 2005 Avensis (VVTi 2.0) and found that the TRC sometimes kicked in when cornering fast. A local mechanic spotted that the new tyres had been put on inside out and put them back on the right way round. Since then I have had no trouble, but my Toyota garage say there is no way that the way the rear tyres are fitted could cause a TRC error. Is that so, and if so what is the possible explanation for the TRC kicking in like that? Any ideas?

My car came fitted with 17" 5 spoke Toyota alloys. I havent had the TRC kick in like that before. It might have been slippy on the road surface???

When I had my front tyres replaced recently, I asked for the tracking to be checked and adjusted. Front wheels were done. Since than, I had an intermittent "TRC Off" light come on on a long journey.

I took it to Mr T who diagnosed REAR wheel tracking out. They adjusted it and its been ok since.

Could yours be a similar problem?

My car came fitted with 17" 5 spoke Toyota alloys. I havent had the TRC kick in like that before. It might have been slippy on the road surface???

No, conditions were warm and dry. My theory is that the VSC system was reading the situation wrong because the rear tyres were not fitted properly. I am told that this is not possible, but I can think of no other explanation for the fact that the problem began with the new tyres and has disappeared since they were put back on properly. Hope you never have any problems like this -- or any others, of course

Thanks

When I had my front tyres replaced recently, I asked for the tracking to be checked and adjusted. Front wheels were done. Since than, I had an intermittent "TRC Off" light come on on a long journey.

I took it to Mr T who diagnosed REAR wheel tracking out. They adjusted it and its been ok since.

Could yours be a similar problem?

You could be right. To be honest, when you're driving at 120 km/h on a bend, you're lucky if you see the light come on at all, so I could have been seeing the TRC OFF light rather than the skid warning, only I definitely got a sharp vibration suggesting that the TRC was operating. Who is Mr T? I don't live in the UK, but maybe there is something similar round my way. Though as I said, I have had no trouble since I had the tyres fitted the right way round.

Thanks Grumbleguts. May your drive continue to be smooth

hi

if the steering wheel is not "centered" this will cause the trc,vsc,abs, to kick in,sensors in the wheel will activate these

hopes this helps