Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Tell Whether Its 140 Or 190?

ryan8

any in particular ways?

many thanks!!!

going to view some this weekend, and would like to know which ones i can not bothered going to see due to insurance reasons...

thanks!!

as yu can tell i am looking at getting one....anyone else looking to get one, beware of a silver one, claiming to have 39,000 miles...it actually has 59,000miles is what it came thru with my hpi check

as yu can tell i am looking at getting one....anyone else looking to get one, beware of a silver one, claiming to have 39,000 miles...it actually has 59,000miles is what it came thru with my hpi check

I'd tell trading standards that one ..

does anyone know the main differences that are obvious by looks between the 140bhp and the 190bhp gen 7 celica?

I don't think you can tell cosmetically but the 190bhp ones are VVTL-i and are either T Sport or GT versions. Have a look on Parkers.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Lots of ways....

If they have the stock exhaust then the 140 is round, the 190 is oval.

Open the bonnet.. the 190 has a steel manifold, the 140 has a black plastic one.

The rev will go to 9k on the 190, an 8k on the 140.

The 90 will ahve alloy pedals and an alloy foot rest, the 140 will not (even the optional extra alloy pedals will not have the footrest on the 140)

probably a few more.. that i have forgotten.

does anyone know the main differences that are obvious by looks between the 140bhp and the 190bhp gen 7 celica?

your best bet? take it for a rip. rev it up to 6200 and beyond. if you hear lift engage, it's a GTS. it will sound like the engine just got a kick in the pants.

The Cars colour can also determine which is which.

Chilli Red..both

Lagoon Blue..both

Thunder Grey..190

Island Green..140

Sahara Sun..190

Silver Haze..140

Storm Blue..190

Astral Black..140

Some 190's are advertised as Black when they are actually Storm Blue..an easy mistake to make.

thanks for the help so far everyone! very very informative.

another question, i have seen a few on the internet and i wonder about the dash boards....some appear to be like a light grey colour and some black. is this a case of the year of the car as a facelift thing?

Yes, the face lift was introduced in the Autumn of 2002, the model to avoid is a pre face lift 140.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links