2 replies to this topic

#1 TOMTV8

TOMTV8

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 1994 Corona 3sFe 2L

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi there guys, Just found this forum by doing a search on an issue I have with a 1994 Corona (NewZealand assembled) with a 3sFe motor.
Now this thing will not get hot on a cold day.. about to take out thermostat and replace with a factory stock unit, suspect that it has a high flow unit or better yet... no thermostat at all. This car when I bought it a few weeks ago had a new water pump and a new raditator. So taking into account the old handiman scene I suspect that the thermostat will have been played with.
I do a 35k trip to work, and this car is still on high idle when i turn it off @1000rpm Do i understand correctly that the idle will be high because the temp probe is not hot?, not good for the old fuel economy. After work is OK as the temp is up at half, sometimes.
Or is there another issue that might be there?? Any info would be great.
Many thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dawesy

dawesy

Midlands Meet Co-ordinator

• Super Moderator
  • 4,712 posts
  • Toyota Model: corolla gti 3S-GTE (RIP), 1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo, 2010 Prius T Spirit

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

sounds like its had cooling issues before and someone has taken the thermostat out then found the cause of the problem (most likely the water pump)
it will be warm after work as it will have heatsoaked from standing. the idle will be high due to cold temps

#3 huss07

huss07

• Registered Member
  • 15 posts
  • First Name:Hussein
  • Toyota Model: ipsum/picnic
  • Year: 2000

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

hey,
name is Hussein from Kenya have a ipsum year 2000 3s Fe. it over heats I even removed the thermostat cleaned the radiator twice made sure there was no leakage on the radiator but it still over heats. there is a sound where the timing belt is its like a bearing is faulty could this be the problem? and the water pump is ok it pumps well. the fans are ok ...any ideas??
thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users