Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Vvti, Interior And Boot Light Trouble. Please Help

steve-swain

hey, im new to this and was wondering if anybody could answer my question.

Iv got a celica vvti 140, iv had it for about a year now. I was messing with the interior boot light and sadly managed to blow a fuse (or something), so now the boot light, the interior light and the clock on the dash, arnt working. The clock comes on, but starts at 1.00 everytime the car is started.

Iv looked everywhere for a blown fuse, but had no look, so im guessing its a relay thats gone. does anybody know how to fix this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

Stephen.

So have you checked all of the fuses in the fuse box? Chances are it's just a fuse.

Yep, as above really - it will most likely be the dome fuse as they call it.

It's a multi-fuse. It's not much bigger than a normal fuse, but is kind of a few fuses built into one. You'll need to get one from Toyota, but they're not expensive though. This will be in the fuse box that's located to the right of the air con controls etc next to where your knee rests on the centre column.

yeah, checked all the fuses, ones under the bonnet and the ones under the radio, there all fine, thats why im so confused about this.

And you checked the multi-way dome fuse too?

The interior light, luggage light and clock all run off the dome fuse. So it must be blown. Look closer.

ok, thanks, can anyone tell me where to find this fuse, and possibley what it looks like?

Thanks alot

Hi steve-swain

Here are a couple of pics to try to help you sort your electrical problem

Warning - These pics are from my GT - The Fuse layout may be slighly different in your 140 - but hopefully the pics will help in some way

(All relevant areas are highlighted in red)

Internal Fuse Box Location - Driver's Side Footwell

celicafuseboxlocationdr.jpg

Internal Fuse Box Layout Decal

celicafuseboxfuselisthi.jpg

Internal Fuse Box Opened

celicafuseboxopenhighli.jpg

Multi-Fuse Removed - 4 Fuses-In-One

celicamultifusehighligh.jpg

As you can see, the Courtesy Light etc, is Fuse No. 11, (Dome Light),

This is a Multi-Fuse, (4 Fuses-In-One), I think the No. 11 Fuse is the third 'Element' in the pic

If this Element is blown, (melted, discoloured, burnt). then replace the fuse

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Felfy

• Like 2

Thanks Felfy.

everythings good now, you you know anything about the heated rear window?

Thanks

Steve

Hi steve-swain

Sorry for the delay in the reply

I've just checked my Celica Manual and the Fuse for the Heated Rear Window, (and the Electric Windows) is Number 6 'DEF RLY'

Another Multi-Fuse, it's on the lower, right-hand side of the Driver-Footwell Fusebox, just next to the light-blue relay

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Felfy

Hi steve-swain

If it's not the fuse, you'll have to inspect your Tailgate area

Here's a link to a guide on how to install a TRD Rear Spoiler

Figure 3 shows how to remove the Tailgate Panel

Once the Panel is removed, the Heated Rear Windows wiring harness is fully visible and accessable

(My Heated Rear did have a slightly loose connection one of the terminals)

Hope this helps

Have a Good Easter

Felfy

• 3 years later...

my dome fuse was blown for over 1 year did not know how to locate problem thanks to you all i just got my problem solvedpost-125586-0-44570100-1347247694_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

i hope one of you can help.. i lost my original keys and had to get new one cut from some local shop. they worked but the flipin alarm would go off every time i started the car...so i tried to disable the alarm speaker which was right behind drivers side rear lights.

Manage to stop the alarms from going off but now none of the flashers work... i try to connect the alarm back but this didnt solve the issue.

I have been told it could be Flasher relay that need replacing? Any sugestions what it could be. could it be just the fuse? if so which fuse should i replace.?

also anyone know where the flasher relay is ? i been told its behind dashboard?

Thanks

Any suggestion will be appreaciated.

thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I'm new here. I have a Celica 2000 Vvti. I'm having a problem with my main beam headlight which i hope someclever person will be able to help me with.

From what i am reading, i am assuming it is a fuse problem. The main beam isn't working, but full beam IS. All other lights (fog, side ect) are functioning correctly.

Assuming it is a fuse which is preventing the main beam from working, which fuse is it that i need to replace?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have just encountered the same problem on my 2003 celica , I to have just spent a frustrating

90 minutes checking all fuses .. now thanks to info supplied by Felfy frustrationl level greatly reduced off to

Toyota dealership tomorrow..thank you

jon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links