Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Locking Reluctant

dagbladet

I noticed that the remote lock/unlock on my 1.0 vvti was getting a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I could open it from 30 yards away, other times I was right up next to it frantically waving the key up and around to no avail. The car is about 8/9 years old and as I got it second-hand I had no idea if it was the original Battery, so I chaged it. The new Battery has made little difference, in fact if anything it might be worse or I might be imagining that. I've checked with my little multi-meter and the old batt is kicking out 3v to the new one's 3.4. I was wondering if maybe the sensor is blocked or covered. Does anyone know where in the car the sensor is located? At the end of the day I can live with it, if I use the key manually all the locks spring open no bother but wondered if anyone had solved this one themselves.

I had this a few weeks back - both the main key I use and the spare stopped working for a couple of days, and then were ok again - still have no idea why...... I'd already ordered some new batteries by then, so changed them anyway. :rolleyes:

I noticed that the remote lock/unlock on my 1.0 vvti was getting a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I could open it from 30 yards away, other times I was right up next to it frantically waving the key up and around to no avail. The car is about 8/9 years old and as I got it second-hand I had no idea if it was the original battery, so I chaged it. The new battery has made little difference, in fact if anything it might be worse or I might be imagining that. I've checked with my little multi-meter and the old batt is kicking out 3v to the new one's 3.4. I was wondering if maybe the sensor is blocked or covered. Does anyone know where in the car the sensor is located? At the end of the day I can live with it, if I use the key manually all the locks spring open no bother but wondered if anyone had solved this one themselves.

In an episode of Top Gear recently Clarkson was messing about with a remote control, he held it up to his head and found the range of the unit increased dramatically. I am no way suggesting you hold it to your head but if you hold it up against your other hand whilst pointing it in the car's general direction, it may extend the range somewhat. Just give it a try you've nothing to lose, it certainly does work for our car.

I noticed that the remote lock/unlock on my 1.0 vvti was getting a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I could open it from 30 yards away, other times I was right up next to it frantically waving the key up and around to no avail. The car is about 8/9 years old and as I got it second-hand I had no idea if it was the original battery, so I chaged it. The new battery has made little difference, in fact if anything it might be worse or I might be imagining that. I've checked with my little multi-meter and the old batt is kicking out 3v to the new one's 3.4. I was wondering if maybe the sensor is blocked or covered. Does anyone know where in the car the sensor is located? At the end of the day I can live with it, if I use the key manually all the locks spring open no bother but wondered if anyone had solved this one themselves.

In an episode of Top Gear recently Clarkson was messing about with a remote control, he held it up to his head and found the range of the unit increased dramatically. I am no way suggesting you hold it to your head but if you hold it up against your other hand whilst pointing it in the car's general direction, it may extend the range somewhat. Just give it a try you've nothing to lose, it certainly does work for our car.

I find it works better if you hold the remote against your hand at right angles to the car while pressing the button! Let me know how you get on, thanks.

They can be affected by strong radio signals too.

My Clifford 600 was a nightmare if i parked in Nottingham in the city center as the taxi frequancys would activate the anti code grabber and not let me in, until a few clicks later!

They can be affected by strong radio signals too.

My Clifford 600 was a nightmare if i parked in Nottingham in the city center as the taxi frequancys would activate the anti code grabber and not let me in, until a few clicks later!

Happens a lot near stromg radio frequencies... they jam the signal. bikers get it on their immobilisers and end up pushing the machine a few hundred metres away from the transmitter to operate their system.

that said, i had a similar thing with mine, even after new batteries. took the fob apart and cleaned it thouroughly and it has worked perfet ever since! B)

i had a similar thing with mine, even after new batteries. took the fob apart and cleaned it thouroughly and it has worked perfet ever since! B)

Good point. I never considered that the 'blockage' could be in the key side. I'll give that a go, ta.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links