Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 J

Pactacus

I recently bought an imported 5 door RAV 4 (N registration - 1994-95?). On the rear door there is a "J' after the RAV 4 sign. Anyone know what it means?

Just curious,

Jim

I recently bought an imported 5 door RAV 4 (N registration - 1994-95?). On the rear door there is a "J' after the RAV 4 sign. Anyone know what it means?

Just curious,

Jim

In the UK, we had the GS and the GX. Maybe its the Jap equivalent?? Or runs on Jungle Juice? Maybe its a Just-in-time machine? Pics??

I believe it is the Japanese version;

RAV4JManual.jpg

Just curious,

Jim

well i would of thought it stands for

JIM

Just curious,

Jim

In the UK, we had the GS and the GX. Maybe its the Jap equivalent?? Or runs on Jungle Juice? Maybe its a Just-in-time machine? Pics??

----

The layout is the same as in the next post.

Thanks and yes it appears to be a Japanese equivalent of something

Just curious,

Jim

well i would of thought it stands for

JIM

----

Now there is a happy thought, specially built for me! I shall spread the rumour until it becomes a legend.

However, Anchorman's information seems all together more rational.

The grey import Rav4 models used different model codes, they had L type and J type both similar to UK spec, the fast one to have was the TYPE G this has a 170 bhp celica engine.

I had a J type a few years back, there are several small differences to UK spec but the main one was air/con and alloy wheels.

• 2 years later...

Hi I had just bought this model too, it was 1996 Rav 4 J model, I think it should be Japan version. My having some problem, when ever I drive it, a strong petrol smell got into the car whether windows open or close. I had checked no leak of petrol and engine room hole had seal with silicon. I feel that my Toyota Rav 4 fuel consumption was very high, as I top up full and it travel only at 210 km. Is it some thing wrong with the Fuel injection and caused the petrol smell.

The grey import Rav4 models used different model codes, they had L type and J type both similar to UK spec, the fast one to have was the TYPE G this has a 170 bhp celica engine.

I had a J type a few years back, there are several small differences to UK spec but the main one was air/con and alloy wheels.

As Uncle Bob said, there's the J type and L type, we have loads of them here in Malta, the difference seem to be one with alloys, spoiler kit and head unit whilst the other is quite standard with less optional equipment.

These are also, Japanese imports and both are two wheel drive (at least the ones imported to Malta)

Hi I had just bought this model too, it was 1996 Rav 4 J model, I think it should be Japan version. My having some problem, when ever I drive it, a strong petrol smell got into the car whether windows open or close. I had checked no leak of petrol and engine room hole had seal with silicon. I feel that my Toyota Rav 4 fuel consumption was very high, as I top up full and it travel only at 210 km. Is it some thing wrong with the Fuel injection and caused the petrol smell.

Hi Choo and welcome to the Club,

Member Bothwell Buyer will be able to further confirm, but apparently there is a fuel tank breather pipe which can corrode....could this be cause of Choo's smelly car, Bothy....?

Big Kev

Thanks Big Kev, I had checked this breather pipe which is still in good condition. For Rav 4 J model what it's consumption like? per ltr petrol can travel for how many "km".

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links