Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified Cars Can Kill

GIDDLEPIN

The only modification you really have to worry about is the nut behing the steering wheel :driving:

Truest thing you ever said :lol:

The Rule of Health & Safety is that no one should die :death: Hospitals keep people alive by artificial means, with no hope of any quality of life :angry:

I'm pro euthanasia. I do NOT want to be unable to communicate or look after myself :fear:

OOPs :P I've been & gone & gone :offtopic: again :D . Em will apply the euthanasia :angel: [of death]

That's for another thread.

The only modification you really have to worry about is the nut behing the steering wheel :driving:

Truest thing you ever said :lol:

The Rule of Health & Safety is that no one should die :death: Hospitals keep people alive by artificial means, with no hope of any quality of life :angry:

I'm pro euthanasia. I do NOT want to be unable to communicate or look after myself :fear:

OOPs :P I've been & gone & gone :offtopic: again :D . Em will apply the euthanasia :angel: [of death]

That's for another thread.

As I thought at the end of my rant :lol:

they think they're the best driver on the planet with their supe'd up wheelz and they're the sort you get on here with their tales of "I totally beat an M3 in a drag race on the A462 today" - they have no regards for anyone's safety and believe they're Gods gift to driving.
LOL!!!

My car is totally standard.... Which makes it no safer at all because every idiot with a modified car that thinks straight line performance is everything thinks he can "beat me" and tries to do so, lurching forwards and backwards trying to get me to "bite" *cough Bothwell*

Oddly enough I never seemed to have anywhere near the same level of wannabe racer chavs trying it on in the supra, which had similar straight line performance, and was actually fairly modified (see sig)

aye - an ah've found going roon corners pretty amazing too. However, some old wumin in a Clio came at me yesterday on the wrong side of the road - ma brakes and a quick swerve kept me in one piece and her still living to do it to someone else........and that was in RAV number 2!

I may be a little off topic here, but i really like mod'ing cars, i mean just the look of the and maintaining them is just fun... but because of my age and insurance under writers labelling 'young drivers' as no goes im stuck with my diesel which i do love but would like to of had some old school pulsar or mr2 t bar...

...and how can insurance companies charge you more for parts ie i fitted a stainless steel exhaust system and had to pay more but they would pay out for it if i had an accident :(

*drip drip drip*

Could always make a counter video...

UNMODIFIED CARS KILL!!!!!1!!111! :eek:

:lol:

My Mum's 1.0 Yaris can be driven too fast and unsafely, like everyone has said it's the driver who is the problem.

NOS is a bit of a ridiculous example I think, we're not in 'The Fast & the Furious', how many cars on the road honestly have and use NOS; I doubt any of those '500' deaths were caused by Nitrous. Especially new drivers, my Yaris was £1700 in insurance in the first year; who could have a 300bhp+ first car with NOS???

Has anyone mentioned the word "scapegoat" yet? :lol:

Lets not forget this story which was in the news recently....

It's easy to throw the blame of bad driving in the faces of modded car owners, but as this story proves, everyone is fallible; even the police.

It's easy to throw the blame of bad driving in the faces of modded car owners, but as this story proves, everyone is fallible; even the police.

I agree Em

Let's ban all police drivers :thumbsup:

I agree Em

All police cars are modified so thats the problem :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

I had an experience which resembles Em's link in some ways :(

I was driving in Skerries, a neighboring town, came to a T junction which I knew was dangerous. I stopped & looked right. Visibility in that direction was only about 100 yds, due to a bend. Nothing coming, so I turned left. Next thing I heard the siren behind me :o It was an ambulance doing well over the limit. I pulled in , pronto, & it flashed past with the Attendant (male Nurse ?) hanging out the window , giving me the "Two Fingers" & his mouth going 19 to the dozen.

No harm done, except I nearly had to go home to change my underwear :rolleyes: . If he was in a hurry on an emergency call in an Urban area, he should have had sirens & lights going & the incident wouldn't have happened.

This was not a modded car, stating the obvious :angry:

I had an experience which resembles Em's link in some ways :(

I was driving in Skerries, a neighboring town, came to a T junction which I knew was dangerous. I stopped & looked right. Visibility in that direction was only about 100 yds, due to a bend. Nothing coming, so I turned left. Next thing I heard the siren behind me :o It was an ambulance doing well over the limit. I pulled in , pronto, & it flashed past with the Attendant (male Nurse ?) hanging out the window , giving me the "Two Fingers" & his mouth going 19 to the dozen.

No harm done, except I nearly had to go home to change my underwear :rolleyes: . If he was in a hurry on an emergency call in an Urban area, he should have had sirens & lights going & the incident wouldn't have happened.

This was not a modded car, stating the obvious :angry:

the ultimate white van man!! :lol:

I agree Em

They do have a really tough job, but 90 in a 30 with no lights or sirens???? If one of us did that and killed someone who walked out in front of the car and they died we good be going down.

You can say what you like about peados, But at least they slow down whilst driving past schools.

Have got to agree with that :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links