Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horrible Noise Coming From Front Drivers Side Wheel

dazzapsj

Hello newbie here, i have just bought a avensis estate on 56 plate and have driven it 1 day and noticed a horrible whistling/rattling noise coming from front drivers wheel, it seems to be worse when travelling above 55mph does anyone have any ideas, much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

maybe bearing

have you made sure the wheel nuts are tight

jack the car up

spin the wheel

can u hear the noise?

Hello newbie here, i have just bought a avensis estate on 56 plate and have driven it 1 day and noticed a horrible whistling/rattling noise coming from front drivers wheel, it seems to be worse when travelling above 55mph does anyone have any ideas, much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

hello as CMIA offered -- jack the fore right wheel and screw out it.

Inspect both braking disc, calipier with pads -- may be something (stone; wire etc) has casualty been there.

i do not conside the bearing now -- you can also toss the disc to evaluate condition of the bearing.

please also conside pads wear sersors (steel made)

cheers/Igor

thank you i will try all that and hopefully sort it not seeming as bad as i thought

had a look could not find anything so have booked it into toyota will post when they have investigated thanks igormus and cmia

• 2 weeks later...

toyota are replacing auxillary belt and adjusters on tuesday and hopefully that will sort out the noise

toyota are replacing auxillary belt and adjusters on tuesday and hopefully that will sort out the noise

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links