Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Messages: Check Engine System, Check 4x4 System, Check Vsc System

nest

Different markets different regulations, they mightn't not get away with fobbing people of here, but in other smaller markets do they really care?

Yeah, 4.2 Auto ECU a case in point.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• Davrav

• Michael85

• nest

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to type up a comprehensive guide to the 2AD engine. Its issues and problems and how to go about resolving them with the Dealer ?? Then perhaps it could be posted as a sticky ??

If this is supported then I'm happy to do this so We can direct new Members and anyone asking questions about this ever increasing subject ??

Don ????

Let Me know ...........

I think that would be a good idea. So many members come on here asking questions about the 2AD engine. I help a guy the other day get a new engine. Lovely fella sent me beer token for my :newyear::drunk: up....

I think we're very lucky to have Toyota techs like Ormi on here to answer some of the in depth technical questions to...

Ps... I'm offering reg members a free coolant pressure test to try and help out when some dealers say theres not a problem sir with the head gasket

I will wait till Anchs replies as it likely will be up to Him if it would get pinned.. You are right the help on this Forum is brilliant !! I have spoken on the phone to 3 Members. 2 of Whom have now had their engines changed. The third will be getting the same result when the consumption test is complete..

The coolant pressure test is a great idea Mate and fair play for doing it !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you writing this item CF or you want me to do it?

Dont mind Mate. I'm happy to have a go at it if You like ?? I may have to stand corrected on a point or two but would get there in the end..

This subject is now coming up on a weekly basis and We all seem to be giving the same answers time and time again. I am more than happy to continue doing this but I just thought a pinned thread might help those who find themselves in the same position as I did when My motor was slugging oil.... Sup to You mate................... :thumbsup:

Dont mind Mate. I'm happy to have a go at it if You like ?? I may have to stand corrected on a point or two but would get there in the end..

This subject is now coming up on a weekly basis and We all seem to be giving the same answers time and time again. I am more than happy to continue doing this but I just thought a pinned thread might help those who find themselves in the same position as I did when My motor was slugging oil.... Sup to You mate................... :thumbsup:

Good idea to pin this one Charlie/Anchs.

Might be useful to keep a tally of how many have been done and if T180 or standard D4D along with year/mileage, if folk would be prepared to give such details :unsure:

Good idea to pin this one Charlie/Anchs.

Might be useful to keep a tally of how many have been done and if T180 or standard D4D along with year/mileage, if folk would be prepared to give such details :unsure:

David I would guess its a lot !! I had a conversation just the other day on the phone with a Guy from NI who was just about to buy a T180 and PMd Me on another Forum to as of any potential problems or weaknesses with the cars....

It seems to Me that 40 to 50K miles is a regular figure quoted in these many threads ???

[quote name='CharlieFarlie' timestamp='1322909026' post='1167635It seems to Me that 40 to 50K miles is a regular figure quoted in these many threads ???

Oh Joy..............mine is about to hit 50K :unsure:

OK CHarlie.

Draft one up and pm it to me. I wonder if we should have a shrt non technical version and a more technical follow up for those that are interested all in the same thread?

• 9 years later...

Hi,I`m new in toyta and already had the same issue with engine/4x4 system light on dash on rav4 2010 2.2 D-CAT at 56000 miles.

Did anyone sort the issue with replasing parts out of warantyan how much will cost ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi just to let everyone know I have this issue usally in the winter but which may just be a coincidence on my 2009 RAV4 Diesel - I find that putting Redex in for a few tank fills solves it.

I had thsi issue on way to work this mornign so I put a full Redex bottle in and filled up and it went immediatley.

cheers hope this helps anyone