Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Spots

kath43

:help:

My yaris is a little unwell. It seems to have developed what my husband is referring to as a "flat spot". I know this has been covered before but I thought I would give it a go.

Hubby changed the auxiliary belt a few weeks ago. Car has been running fine since but on sunday the car dipped a little, then shortly afterwards the engine warning light came on. He has changed the plugs as he seemed to think it might be this. Light was still on. We disconnected the Battery to clear the fault code. Again car was running ok until today when it dipped at traffic lights and now the light is on again.

Any suggestions as we seem to be finding a lot of solutions that it could be.

Well the first thing you need to do is get the fault code read at a garage or buy a cheap code reader off eBay to identify the problem causing the warning light to come on.

Well the first thing you need to do is get the fault code read at a garage or buy a cheap code reader off ebay.

Hi

Just been on e-bay to try and buy a diagnostic lead for a laptop. Any idea which lead we need and where is the connector to plug-in?

Thank you.

OBD plug is in the fusebox by the steering wheel. Will be cheaper to buy a standalone unit than one for a laptop. Search for U480 on eBay.

OBD plug is in the fusebox by the steering wheel. Will be cheaper to buy a standalone unit than one for a laptop. Search for U480 on ebay.

Hi Thanks for that. It does seem like the better option as we have been told that it is going to cost us £35 to have the fault diagnosed. Just been on e-bay and the U480 is for 2001 on. Mines a 2000 (W plate). Will it need that one or a different one.

Hi, try the U381, it works on all 1996 cars and newer that are OBD II compliant which all yaris are, even the mk2. I have got one myself and have used it on a 2000 and 2001 yaris. It was purchased from eBay for approx £30.

I think the U480 will work also, as nickp8 has suggested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links