Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignition Coil

bellymonster

My 2000 plate Avensis 1.6 vvti started misfiring on the way home the other day.

I called the RAC out and he diagnosed it as a faulty ignition coil on cylidner 4.

Questions:-

a) Anyone know the part number for the correct ignition coil (it might be 90919-02239 but I can't be sure).

B) Is there any point replacing with a used coil to keep costs down?

c) I watched the chap from the RAC remove the coil and despite being a total novice mechanic I reckon I can do the ob myself. Is there anything extra I should know?

Thanks

Matt

I called the RAC out and he diagnosed it as a faulty ignition coil on cylidner 4.

a) Anyone know the part number for the correct ignition coil (it might be 90919-02239 but I can't be sure).

c) I watched the chap from the RAC remove the coil and despite being a total novice mechanic I reckon I can do the ob myself. Is there anything extra I should know?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

The job is pretty straight forward as you saw with the AA man, nothing special really just get a good square grip on it. I'm not sure how much they are new and there is always a gamble with used parts especially electrical ones but I did see one on eBay for £30.00 at this link:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-COROLLA-A...93%3A2|294%3A50

It is the part number you quoted from a company not a private sale, best of luck .... Pete.

Thanks

Matt

hi MATT

try this - www.toyodiy.com having entered the VIN.

Cheers/Igor

hi, i have 4 ignition coils off my old 1zz-fe engine , as i had to replace the engine. by the looks of that eBay listing it seems that the should work on engine as i think its the 3zz-fe. as far as im aware they are working. if interested i could sell you one. thanks it quite literally only takes 5 min to replace them.

edit: just checked online, check on the site igormus said to see what engine you have, becasue mine will fit the 3zz-fe not the 4afe

hi, i have 4 ignition coils off my old 1zz-fe engine , as i had to replace the engine. by the looks of that ebay listing it seems that the should work on engine as i think its the 3zz-fe. as far as im aware they are working. if interested i could sell you one. thanks it quite literally only takes 5 min to replace them.

edit: just checked online, check on the site igormus said to see what engine you have, becasue mine will fit the 3zz-fe not the 4afe

I have the 3zz-fe so I'm interested, I've PM'd you.

Hi Matt,

The job is pretty straight forward as you saw with the AA man, nothing special really just get a good square grip on it. I'm not sure how much they are new and there is always a gamble with used parts especially electrical ones but I did see one on Ebay for £30.00 at this link:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-COROLLA-A...93%3A2|294%3A50

It is the part number you quoted from a company not a private sale, best of luck .... Pete.

Pete, thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a go.

Cheers

Matt

hi, i have 4 ignition coils off my old 1zz-fe engine , as i had to replace the engine. by the looks of that ebay listing it seems that the should work on engine as i think its the 3zz-fe. as far as im aware they are working. if interested i could sell you one. thanks it quite literally only takes 5 min to replace them.

Just fitted the replacement ignition coil and it seems to have done the trick (the warning light is still on but I guess this needs to be turned off by hooking up a laptop).

Thanks for everyones help, especially airconuk for the spares.

Just fitted the replacement ignition coil and it seems to have done the trick (the warning light is still on but I guess this needs to be turned off by hooking up a laptop).

Thanks for everyones help, especially airconuk for the spares.

To reset the light just disconnect the Battery for a couple of mins

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links