Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uefa Champions League

balli hi

I'm hurting badly this morning , due to the manner in which my team went out .... Uefa conspiracy ? who knows , the fact of the matter remains that the referee from norway was simply not up to the job of refereeing a game of such importance wether you like chelsea or not , and i suspect that most would opt for not , chelsea were well and truly robbed :crybaby: breakout the violins :nopity: Cue the sad music :crybaby:

Below is a link to a report from BBC'S Phil McNulty which i believe is a full & fair overview of the nights events

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/200...the_b.html#more

Not too disappointed myself as I had Iniesta to score ! :D

Unlucky - BUT if you had actually tried to get an all important away goal rather than fielding a 10 man defence in Spain, and if Drogba put as much effort into scoring goals as he seems to in diving around and whining then the Barca late goal would have been nothing more than a consolation.

I remember all the Chelsea fans after the first leg saying that you did what you set out to do. Pretty sure the Barcelona fans are saying that now. - difference being that they set out to score away from home.

Better luck next year.

Not too disappointed myself as I had Iniesta to score ! :D

Unlucky - BUT if you had actually tried to get an all important away goal rather than fielding a 10 man defence in Spain, and if Drogba put as much effort into scoring goals as he seems to in diving around and whining then the Barca late goal would have been nothing more than a consolation.

I remember all the Chelsea fans after the first leg saying that you did what you set out to do. Pretty sure the Barcelona fans are saying that now. - difference being that they set out to score away from home.

Better luck next year.

Your argument does not add up , in the first leg barcelona were really on their game and pinned us back for long periods and made it difficult for us to brake out , i think had we played a more expansive game on the day we would have conceded 3 or 4 and hiddink got his tactics spot on , however the best chance of the match fell to drogba who failed to put his chance away, we then had another great chance that should have been converted by ballack , but he headed over when in truth he should have hit the target , you have to understand that barca at home are probably the best attacking team in europe at the moment , and chelsea defended brilliantly on the day. At the bridge , you say barca did what they set out to do , so go on then just how many saves did petr cech have to make ? in 90 mins ?... answer 0 , How many saves did valdes make ... answer , more than 0 , how many clear cut chances did drogba and co waste at least 2 . how many clear cut chances did barca make , answer 0 , in fact did barca make any chances ? answer... No. how many clear cut penaltys did the referee fail to give to chelsea.... answer at least 2 out of 4 , thats at least 2 stone wall penaltys . its funny how everyone conveniently bypasses that fact , barca had one shot on target all game , and that came in the 93rd minute , but by then chelsea should have been over the hill and far away , the reason they were not was a combination of poor finising and a referee who is not fit to referee a subbuteo match.

I don't blame you for seeing things the way you do , because what you are saying mirrors practically what every fan in the country that wanted chelsea to lose is saying , you only see what you want to see because ultimately you wanted chelsea to lose , nothing wrong in that of course , but i wonder what peoples views would have been , had it been their team on the end of those awfull refereeing decisions , anyway at least you bothered to give a response so thanks for that , :thumbsup:

you only see what you want to see because ultimately you wanted chelsea to lose ,

No, I didn't want Chelsea to lose. That may be your assumption, but it's wrong !

but i wonder what peoples views would have been , had it been their team on the end of those awfull refereeing decisions , anyway at least you bothered to give a response so thanks for that , :thumbsup:

We've played Man Utd at Old Trafford on many occasions so we're quite used to unfavourable refereeing decisions thanks !

End of the day though, if Drogba wasn't such a prima dona and put as much effort into trying to score as he does in complaining and rolling around then the whole thread would be that of deserved congratulations.

I agree that the referee was absolutely hopeless, he should never be allowed to referee another game as important as this, but I also beleive that Chelsea should take the blame themselves... they squandered chances during the game and when it's as late on in a game as when Barca scored... chelsea shouldn't have even let them near the ball, even if that means passing it back to the goalkeeper from the barca half.

you only see what you want to see because ultimately you wanted chelsea to lose ,

No, I didn't want Chelsea to lose. That may be your assumption, but it's wrong !

but i wonder what peoples views would have been , had it been their team on the end of those awfull refereeing decisions , anyway at least you bothered to give a response so thanks for that , :thumbsup:

We've played Man Utd at Old Trafford on many occasions so we're quite used to unfavourable refereeing decisions thanks !

End of the day though, if Drogba wasn't such a prima dona and put as much effort into trying to score as he does in complaining and rolling around then the whole thread would be that of deserved congratulations.

As a chelsea fan i am absolutely seething with drogba over his antics at the final whistle , his actions have over shadowed everything good about chelsea on the night , i think we were the better team ( on the night ) and his actions have let eufa ( for appointing an amateur ) & the referee off the hook , drogba brings a lot of negative attitude & bad feeling towards the club , with all the rolling around & diving , and i can tell you that we hate it more than anyone else , because instead of people focusing on the positives & injustices , all they are talking about is Drogba , rolling around diving ect , and this in itself brings bad feeling & hatred towards the club in general , and clouds peoples judgments in what they see overall.

I don't know any team that has not suffered injustice at old trafford , but what happened on wednesday night is not comparable to anything i have ever witnessed in the 45 years that i have been following football , and i am refering to the blatant penalty refusals of course , rarely have you ever seen 2 in one game , but 4 ? . :rolleyes:

Before the tie was played i had decided that if we went out , that i would get fully behind barca in the final , not now though , and i truly hope and believe that Man-U will stuff barca , we have shown that they are in all truth not as great as they were cracked up to be , and that the premier league is the best & strongest league in the world.

I agree that the referee was absolutely hopeless, he should never be allowed to referee another game as important as this, but I also beleive that Chelsea should take the blame themselves... they squandered chances during the game and when it's as late on in a game as when Barca scored... chelsea shouldn't have even let them near the ball, even if that means passing it back to the goalkeeper from the barca half.

I agree with you that we squandered our chances and i covered this in my second post ( quote ) " but by then chelsea should have been over the hill and far away , the reason they were not was a combination of poor finishing and a referee who is not fit to referee a subbuteo match."

As for barca's goal , the ball broke loose to essien , but instead of wellying the ball upfield , he misskicked , i think because he was out on his feet , had he connected though , i don't think they would have scored , but however the ball broke to messi who passed it to iniesta, ballack , well i'm not sure what ballack did to be honest , and rest is how they say... History

its only a game, its the taking part that counts :lol:

During one of his wonderfully whimsical monologues Bill Shankly quipped 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

I love this quote from the late great Bill Sankly , a liverpool legend of course :closedeyes: , but a legend none the less :yes::thumbsup:

As a Referee for 22 years and now a County Referee Assessor, I often have a wry smile to myself over how people react to Refereeing decisions. I didnt see the game, but saw the antics of Ballack and Co, men behaving badly is a bit of an understatement. How many people remember players spoon the ball over the bar from 6 yards? who remembers the goalkeeper try to kick a backpass, only to miss the ball completely, and watch it trickle into the back of the net? The answer is very few, the casual observer would sooner call for the Referees head on a spike for making a split second decision to confirm or deny a penalty decision. FIFA Referees dont get to Referee in Europe by simply turning up somewhere for their name to be pulled out of the hat, they get there by years of hard work, dedication, fitness, and funnily enough ABILITY to do the job, week after week. There will be times, just like a player, where they have a nightmare. Those nightmare games don't start of as nightmares, but usually through the actions of players who start to misbehave, put in bad tempered tackles, or act like petulant school children when the decision doesnt go their way, thats when a game starts to fall apart. If those type of antics had been deployed on the parks and gardens on a Sunday morning, then Chelsea would have been down to 9 men in a instant. The level of abuse aimed at the Referee would have seen those players "Red carded" in any local game and I cannot understand why a FIFA Referee allowed it to get so out of hand. On any local park, players acting like that would be suspended for at least 45 days (not 3 matches) and a fine of a few hundred quid imposed, a far greater "relative" punishment. I hope UEFA impose some very severe penalties, hit the clubs where it hurts, in the pocket AND the suspension of key players. In my mind suspension is the only to hurt the clubs, money is awash in the game, lets see a 10 match suspension imposed, at two games a week, thats only 5 weeks that the little darlings will be away from screens, thankfully

Kingo :thumbsup:

During one of his wonderfully whimsical monologues Bill Shankly quipped 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

I love this quote from the late great Bill Sankly , a liverpool legend of course :closedeyes: , but a legend none the less :yes::thumbsup:

the whole game of football is now a joke, people getting far to much money for kicking a ball around, they have no passion for the game, it amazes me to see all the foreign players around, what ever happened to say a team like Liverpool or Leeds using players that came from that area, not from Spain or Italy or wherever, any person with a obscene amount of money can go out and buy a decent team, we have good players in our country use them and cut the wages, if they work and play well then pay them a decent wage. Nobody is worth paying £30 to £40 thousand a week for, footballers need an incentive to play well, they need some pride and passion, that is something English football does not have and lost it years ago, to see pride and passion in sport watch the Rugby, it is also far more entertaining than football

You're moaning about the poor decisions the referee made for Chelsea?

What about Abidal being sent off? That was the most ridiculous decision of the night because Anelka tripped himself up.

I can't recall 4 penalty shouts? 3 maybe.

Anyway, I'm glad Chelsea are out, I hate 99% of their players.

As a Referee for 22 years and now a County Referee Assessor, I often have a wry smile to myself over how people react to Refereeing decisions. I didnt see the game, but saw the antics of Ballack and Co, men behaving badly is a bit of an understatement. How many people remember players spoon the ball over the bar from 6 yards? who remembers the goalkeeper try to kick a backpass, only to miss the ball completely, and watch it trickle into the back of the net? The answer is very few, the casual observer would sooner call for the Referees head on a spike for making a split second decision to confirm or deny a penalty decision. FIFA Referees dont get to Referee in Europe by simply turning up somewhere for their name to be pulled out of the hat, they get there by years of hard work, dedication, fitness, and funnily enough ABILITY to do the job, week after week. There will be times, just like a player, where they have a nightmare. Those nightmare games don't start of as nightmares, but usually through the actions of players who start to misbehave, put in bad tempered tackles, or act like petulant school children when the decision doesnt go their way, thats when a game starts to fall apart. If those type of antics had been deployed on the parks and gardens on a Sunday morning, then Chelsea would have been down to 9 men in a instant. The level of abuse aimed at the Referee would have seen those players "Red carded" in any local game and I cannot understand why a FIFA Referee allowed it to get so out of hand. On any local park, players acting like that would be suspended for at least 45 days (not 3 matches) and a fine of a few hundred quid imposed, a far greater "relative" punishment. I hope UEFA impose some very severe penalties, hit the clubs where it hurts, in the pocket AND the suspension of key players. In my mind suspension is the only to hurt the clubs, money is awash in the game, lets see a 10 match suspension imposed, at two games a week, thats only 5 weeks that the little darlings will be away from screens, thankfully

Hiya kingo :thumbsup:

Its good to get a referee's angle on things , and i would'nt disagree with you kingo , regarding chelsea's or should i say ballack chasing the clown :oops: i mean ref ( sorry could'nt resist that one ), and drogba's antics at the end , and i'm sure the players concerned will get a lengthy ban and the club fined .

regarding the performance of Mr Ovrebo, did you think he got the key decisions right and how would you rate him Kingo , on a scale of 1 to 10 ? .

You're moaning about the poor decisions the referee made for Chelsea?

What about Abidal being sent off? That was the most ridiculous decision of the night because Anelka tripped himself up.

I can't recall 4 penalty shouts? 3 maybe.

Anyway, I'm glad Chelsea are out, I hate 99% of their players.

First things first ,

1/ Abidal actually admitted in the spanish press that he deliberately tried to bring anelka down and that he caught anelka's foot , he explained that he sacrificed himself for the benefit of the team , and that he was not surprised when the ref produced a red . ( personally at the time, i thought that contact was minimal and that abidal had been harshly sent off )

2/ You say that i am moaning about the poor penalty decisions , yet by your own admission you state 3 maybe :lol:

3/ i am actually quite pleased that finally someone has admitted that they are glad chelsea are out because they hate us , its quite refreshing to have someone come straight out with it , and like i said before there's nothing wrong with that , the footballing world would be a pretty boring place if we all got on and liked each other .

4/ I don't think 99% of our players would opt to play for a small club like yours :laughing::laughing: i am sat here wetting myself with laughter at that last comment , i notice your avatar is that of henrik larsson in a barca shirt ( i think ) , are they your second team ? and are , at a guess Celtic your first team ? .. i am a Rangers man myself , http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/rangers-shirt.html ( in case you want to buy one ) :lol2: One team in Scotland :king: :!Removed!:

PS , anyways , i'm back on cloud nine after stuffing the ar-se ( unfortunate turn of thrase ) in their own back yard 4-1 oh yes , it does'nt get much better than that :backofnet::yahoo: their biggest ever defeat at the Emirates :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Its good to get a referee's angle on things , and i would'nt disagree with you kingo , regarding chelsea's or should i say ballack chasing the clown :oops: i mean ref ( sorry could'nt resist that one ), and drogba's antics at the end , and i'm sure the players concerned will get a lengthy ban and the club fined .

regarding the performance of Mr Ovrebo, did you think he got the key decisions right and how would you rate him Kingo , on a scale of 1 to 10 ? .

Well TBH I didnt see the game so wouldnt like to comment on the overall performance, I'm sure he had his reasons for not giving 3, 4 or 8 penalty decisions!!! (8 were reported in one paper) Despite what people think, there would have been a very quick decision via the audio link with his assistant as to whether he thought it was a penalty as well. The game is about opinions, and on this day, the Referees opinion is that no foul occured therefore no penalty. Like it or not, thats how it is, and no amount of extra training et al will alter that. Now then..................don't get me started on video evidence :wacko:

Well TBH I didnt see the game so wouldnt like to comment on the overall performance, I'm sure he had his reasons for not giving 3, 4 or 8 penalty decisions!!! (8 were reported in one paper) Despite what people think, there would have been a very quick decision via the audio link with his assistant as to whether he thought it was a penalty as well. The game is about opinions, and on this day, the Referees opinion is that no foul occured therefore no penalty. Like it or not, thats how it is, and no amount of extra training et al will alter that. Now then..................don't get me started on video evidence :wacko:

Agreed , nothing can change what happened on the night , the ref made his decisions and he has to live by them , but i bet if he could turn back the clock he would , he had a real shocker and many pundits , Terry Venables , Jamie Redknap , Alan Hansen , ect have said it was the worst refereeing display that they had ever witnessed , Sky had ex- referee Dermot Galacher go over the contentious issues , and the verdict was that Ovrebo got the majority wrong , Venables said he knew something was not right with the referee before a ball was even kicked , he explained that he saw Ovrebo nudge one of the assitant refs , when he saw his image flashed up on the big screen at stamford bridge before kick off , he seemed awe struck , and he had the look of an excited schoolboy and," oh look i'm on the telley " the game was too big for him Kingo , and the occasion got to him , sure the refs word is final , but the fact remains he had a shocker, the game is about oppinions , and virtually ever expert / pundit i have heard to express an oppinion state that he got it wrong , the vast majority of people stating otherwise are rival fans who wanted chelsea to lose , anyway no amount of moaning whinging ect can change things , whats done is done and we move on , but there is one thing i am sure of and that is Mr Ovrebo will never again be awarded another game outside of Norway ....... Talking of video evidence , IMO its long overdue , football has to step out of the dark ages and follow the lead of rugby , cricket & tennis , surely video evidence can only help the referees to get the important decisions right :thumbsup:

alking of video evidence , IMO its long overdue , football has to step out of the dark ages and follow the lead of rugby , cricket & tennis , surely video evidence can only help the referees to get the important decisions right

I only have one thing to say on the subject (or two)

The laws of association are written for the masses, not the Premier League or UEFA, is it more important for video evidence to be used on the parks and gardens, or UEFA? It should be the same for all, but of course it's not about having the right decisions, its about money, Chelsea are miffed at being knocked out, but the management/Directors will be more miffed at the lost revenue

When video evidence has been used, it has never been fully conclusive. The evidence camera is not ony of the 32 Sky cameras at the game, it is one camera installed by the RFU or cricket board, they have also been known to get it wrong.

and whilst pontifcating on the subject :D: EVERY law witten by FIFA in the last few years is about speeding the game up, no timewasting, getting injured players off the pitch, Goalkeepers 6 step law removed, etc etc, Speeding the game up makes it more exciting, why would you then stop play and hang around while somebody upstairs makes a decision? Sure there will be bad decisions made by Referee's, but those FIFA guys are not bad Referees, he may have been star struck on the night, but if Chelsea had stuck away the chances they made and won, we wouldnt be having this dialogue :thumbsup:

alking of video evidence , IMO its long overdue , football has to step out of the dark ages and follow the lead of rugby , cricket & tennis , surely video evidence can only help the referees to get the important decisions right

I only have one thing to say on the subject (or two)

The laws of association are written for the masses, not the Premier League or UEFA, is it more important for video evidence to be used on the parks and gardens, or UEFA? It should be the same for all, but of course it's not about having the right decisions, its about money, Chelsea are miffed at being knocked out, but the management/Directors will be more miffed at the lost revenue

When video evidence has been used, it has never been fully conclusive. The evidence camera is not ony of the 32 Sky cameras at the game, it is one camera installed by the RFU or cricket board, they have also been known to get it wrong.

and whilst pontifcating on the subject :D: EVERY law witten by FIFA in the last few years is about speeding the game up, no timewasting, getting injured players off the pitch, Goalkeepers 6 step law removed, etc etc, Speeding the game up makes it more exciting, why would you then stop play and hang around while somebody upstairs makes a decision? Sure there will be bad decisions made by Referee's, but those FIFA guys are not bad Referees, he may have been star struck on the night, but if Chelsea had stuck away the chances they made and won, we wouldnt be having this dialogue :thumbsup:

Like you said before Kingo , footballs about oppinions , so , i'll agree to disagree :thumbsup: