Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 - Transfer & Rear Differential Oil Replacement.

DAF66

Hello all

Does anyone have any pdf explaining how to change/replace the transfer and rear diff oils? Would imaging it should be straight forward but piccys/diagrams make it easier!!!!!! :unsure:

Hello all

Does anyone have any pdf explaining how to change/replace the transfer and rear diff oils? Would imaging it should be straight forward but piccys/diagrams make it easier!!!!!! :unsure:

Hi DAF66,

Can you just add some more detail to your profile so we can see what model you have.

This should help with your oil change;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...st&p=821701

EDIT; Some early models do have limited slip diff's!

I did the oils in my '02 petrol RAV last year, after some pictorial help from anchorman. I see you've not mentioned gearbox - already done, or easy enough to suss out yourself? The diff is easy enough to drain and refill, but I'd seriously consider getting some kind of fluid pump to help with the transfer box. I'm definately going to get one for the next time - would be sooooo much easier.

I did the oils in my '02 petrol RAV last year, after some pictorial help from anchorman. I see you've not mentioned gearbox - already done, or easy enough to suss out yourself? The diff is easy enough to drain and refill, but I'd seriously consider getting some kind of fluid pump to help with the transfer box. I'm definately going to get one for the next time - would be sooooo much easier.

Yes I did another one recently and it is fiddly to say the least.

I backed the car out of the garage and put the rear wheels on wooden blocks and the fronts as far up the ramps as to make it level. Then I used Morris's 500ml bottles to keep adding 100 or 200ml increments off the top of a filled bottle (if you know what I mean) until I got the right amount in. It is slow but it works.

I'va actually got a pit but can't get to it for woodworking stuff but I'm having a reorganisation this year so it should be easier!!!

Hello all

Hi DAF66,

Can you just add some more detail to your profile so we can see what model you have.

This should help with your oil change;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...st&p=821701

EDIT; Some early models do have limited slip diff's!

Thanks all

Have updated profile and from what i can see i need the following -

Gear box and front diff are 75W/90 and it takes 3.4 litres

Transfer box is 80W/90 or straight 90 and it takes 0.9 litres.

Rear diff is 80W/90 or straight 90 and it also takes 0.9 litres