Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Window Tint Legislation

Steve

i couldnt care now!! when the fiestas here, the front windows are gona get tinted medium smoke!

screw the law, im sick of it! its one law for us and another for them!!!

such as the woman being fined for having an Apple in one of her hands. what utter crap, anyway to make money!! what about the coppers who pick their radios up and talk on them, isnt that like being on the phone??

its utter crap, and if its one law for us and one law for em, then quite simply, SCREW THE LAW!!

i couldnt care now!! when the fiestas here, the front windows are gona get tinted medium smoke!

screw the law, im sick of it! its one law for us and another for them!!!

such as the woman being fined for having an apple in one of her hands. what utter crap, anyway to make money!! what about the coppers who pick their radios up and talk on them, isnt that like being on the phone??

its utter crap, and if its one law for us and one law for em, then quite simply, SCREW THE LAW!!

They spent a quoted £10k to fine her a crappy little fine!.. :censor:

I actually ask that guy whether i can have a very very light tint on the front passenger windows and he said no, no tints allowed on the two front passenger side windows at all.... hmmm.

He gave me like 2 days to take my front tints off, and i said i can't make it for 2 days, people have to work u know!! lol. So he gave me a week to do it. Had to remove them that cost me money and then drive to the VOSA place to get it inspected. He said if ur caught again with tints on ur front windows, u'll be prosecuted and maybe put in jail :eek: all because of tinting windows...

oh well.. they cant take my sunglasses off can they!  :censor:

This happened to the Bikers years ago. Legislation came in that prevented the use of Black or Tinted visors on a crash helmet.

The whole argument is basically if you are travelling along with a black visor on and you,say, enter a tunnel.......you can't see jack. This actually happened to me once and it was a bit unnerving.

Nothing they can do about Sunglasses though, as these can be easily removed should the situation arise.

It's just another layer of crap for the motorist to wade through.

There is a solution though.......LCD Glass !

The Mitsubishi Delica's use this technology on their skylights. It looks like normal glass, but at the push of a button it tints. That way you could never get caught by the police. :thumbsup:

This is pretty crappy really.

Being a biker, I'm always wearing my black visor on bright days.

The example you gave above is good Boro. At leats with a black visor in a tunnel, you can flip your visor up. If you're wearing sunglasses in your helmet, where the hell are you gonna put them!

Police seemed to have relaxed towards dark visors. Just as long as you aren't taking the *****, then they'll ignore that fact you're wearing one.

The Mitsubishi technology sounds very cool though...

Good to see the law of the land are once again concentrating on the pushing matters of hard crime!

Hell, I'm glad my taxes are being well spent!

Good to see the law of the land are once again concentrating on the pushing matters of hard crime!

Hell, I'm glad my taxes are being well spent!

Calm down dear, its only the government wasting your money!

I few mates who are bikers carried clear visors with them just in case they get pulled for that.

I wonder if I can carry some spare front side windows :P

I have the sides tinted (28%) Which are supposedly illegal (25%+ last time I heard 2000).

I put a Sunstrip on the rear Window instead of tint for 3 reasons

1) Let's a little light in the rear window.

2)I can still reverse park easily.

2) And other people (including police) can see through car (front to back), and police are less likely to concentrate on my car, cos it looks run of the mill until you get it side on.

Just so you understand I'll ask a question.

How many times have you seen a car tinted all round (except the windscreen, before any smart a55e5 comment) going in the opposite direction and you've been drawn to look at it. Who's in it? Police are the same. unless it's a nova.

At night I open the cover for the sunroof to let light in, cos it gives the impression the tints are lighter. Sad, I know but any little help.

Phew, I thought this meant they changed the laws again.

Its any amount of tint on the back 3 windows (so really anything behind B-Pillar) and the front is nothing other than like 6" on the front windscreen I think.

Thats what I have been told time after time anyway.

Phew, I thought this meant they changed the laws again.

Its any amount of tint on the back 3 windows (so really anything behind B-Pillar) and the front is nothing other than like 6" on the front windscreen I think.

Thats what I have been told time after time anyway.

yup.. thats what i understand it to be mate.. I would love to put some tints all round on my car.. but it would look stoopid in the MR2 with only the rear screen and the rear quater windows. :(

Maybe install some very very fast electric windows and when you see the police coming send the windows down and smile happily at them :D hehe.

Yeah its like, either ban them all together or not. I can't see it makes loads of difference really. They say its dangerous.

Will sometimes carry a clear visor too if I've got the black one.

Been told they can't nick you then, and just get you to change it there and then...

In the words of Ice cube...

Funk da police... :D

Lolmine were fitted before I bought the car!! Think he did it before that time but there is no real proof.....They are only about 30% tints too.. He was a dealer I think who I bought the car off because wherever I went I was followed by two volvos and a police van Lmao!!! Better than a ruddy immobiliser/alarm that!!!

The only prob with window tints is that dirty rotten tealeaves can break youre window with little noise and the glass all stays stuck to youre pretty black window tint :ffs:

has been like that in sweden for a LONG time now, and we have INSTANT fines of about £60 per window, and if we don't remove the tints on the spot we have to do a new MOT and are not allowed to drive the vehicle from the spot...you should consider yourselves lucky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links