Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Pedal Keeps Getting Stuck On The Floor Help

TiMiX

Hi all, got a celica 202 Gt. Now I know my clutch has been on the way out for awhile now

and have been pushing my luck abit. Yesterday the pedal went to the floor and stayed

there :unsure: I had to pull it up by hand, it worked for abit then get stuck again. For a few months now i'v

noitced that if i was to lightly rest my foot on the clutch when driving the pedal would slowly drop to the floor without engaing the cluch.. nice lol

But would always come up again and work when pressed down normaly.

Now, is it down to the cluch plate being on this last legs or is the slave/master cylinder

playing up you think? my brakes seem ok, i'm guessing they would show problems too if it was the master :huh:

I checked fluid level on slave cylinder and its fine (hope i'v got this right, never looked into the workings of a hydrolic chuch

before)

Cheers for any help.

is there any clutch slip if so definatley clutch plate i would think

Personally I would change all clutch anyhow just to be sure.

before changing the clutch I would be tempted to empty the hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinder of fluid and replace and re bleed the system. a bottle of fluid is sooo much cheaper than a clutch change

Hi all, got a celica 202 Gt. Now I know my clutch has been on the way out for awhile now

and have been pushing my luck abit. Yesterday the pedal went to the floor and stayed

there :unsure: I had to pull it up by hand, it worked for abit then get stuck again. For a few months now i'v

noitced that if i was to lightly rest my foot on the clutch when driving the pedal would slowly drop to the floor without engaing the cluch.. nice lol

But would always come up again and work when pressed down normaly.

Now, is it down to the cluch plate being on this last legs or is the slave/master cylinder

playing up you think? my brakes seem ok, i'm guessing they would show problems too if it was the master :huh:

I checked fluid level on slave cylinder and its fine (hope i'v got this right, never looked into the workings of a hydrolic chuch

before)

Cheers for any help.

It needs a new master cylinder.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

My pedal some times stays on the floor, but my clutch has no slippage when the pedal is up. I changed the fluid and it fixed it for a while but it's started doing it again :(

So does mine need a new master cylinder too?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links