Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring A Tns700-b9010 Sat Nav To My Corolla

TFK

I have recently managed to get hold of a TNS700-B9010 Toyota Stock Sat Nav which I believe was used in an 08 Avensis - am currently trying to hook it up to my 53 reg T-Spirit, I thought it would be a straight swap -silly me!

The problems lies in trying to connect the steering controls to the unit as the sockets and adapters are different. This is what it looks like on the original old unit - back(taken from ststofi's post): http://web.t-online.hu/kereszteskristof/x4..._headunit_1.jpg.

And this is what it looks like on the back of the new unit I've got http://www.ae101.nl/fullmap/B9010/B9010-rear.jpg

Is it possible to rewire an original adapter for the new unit which fits to steering controls socket(bottom right white horizontal one in the picture I believe) from my exisiting steering control wiring? Is it possible to wire the trip computer to this unit as well?

If anyone is able to offer any advice or tell me the if this is possible and show me a mapping to enable me to do so, that would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

The back of your original H/U looks like mine, which i hope so :lol:

gallery_1491_689_71363.jpg

From the look of the new H/U from the Avensis, looks very different.

B9010-rear.jpg

The look of the main central block, looks similar but can't tell from the pic, does it fit/work?

Not sure what the other's do, have you got any idea what does what?

B9010-rear.jpg

The look of the main central block, looks similar but can't tell from the pic, does it fit/work?

The inputs of the TNS700/ B9010 follows those similar to those shown on the mapping of an older unit below:

http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/t...t=B9003Rear.jpg

The unit fits my dash fine, don't have a camera on me - but it looks similar to the one here:

http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/t...atNavinDash.jpg

As you can see there're gaps around the unit, so have ordered an double din facia plate for the corolla which will hopefully remedy this :)

As for what works, the stock connectors for the front and rear Speakers slot in just fine , as does the antenna plug - so that's the radio and CD plyer sorted.

Having slight probs with the sat nav as the sat nav cable and antenna that came with the unit need to be positioned as close to the screen as possible I was told. At the moment it is in the dash compartment and picking up either no sginal or giving very severe lags in detecting my position :( So will try to fit it on or near the windscreen, which isn't great for the aesthetics of my interior, but what can ya do..

The remaing question lies what to do with trying to connect the steering wheel controls to the new unit, as they are both Toyota stock units - I am hoping there is a mapping somewhere I can follow to rewire them to the adapter for the sterring controls for the new unit which I have have gotten hold of.

Was hoping for some advice on maybe wiring the trip computer as well but I think this may be a lot more tricky and prolly impossible as an Avensis and a Corolla are quite different :unsure:

At least am hoping to get the steering controls to work.. Called up the Toyota guys but they weren't very helpful, anyone know where I can start looking?

On a side note, how do you upload photos to the TOC website?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I have recently managed to get hold of a TNS700-B9010 Toyota Stock Sat Nav which I believe was used in an 08 Avensis - am currently trying to hook it up to my 53 reg T-Spirit, I thought it would be a straight swap -silly me!

The problems lies in trying to connect the steering controls to the unit as the sockets and adapters are different. This is what it looks like on the original old unit - back(taken from ststofi's post): http://web.t-online.hu/kereszteskristof/x4..._headunit_1.jpg.

And this is what it looks like on the back of the new unit I've got http://www.ae101.nl/fullmap/B9010/B9010-rear.jpg

Is it possible to rewire an original adapter for the new unit which fits to steering controls socket(bottom right white horizontal one in the picture I believe) from my exisiting steering control wiring? Is it possible to wire the trip computer to this unit as well?

If anyone is able to offer any advice or tell me the if this is possible and show me a mapping to enable me to do so, that would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

I have just purchased the same item to fit to my 55 Corolla T-Spirit D-4d, and was wondering if you had managed to find a fix?

Erol

• 1 month later...

go the same unit fited over year ago and did it my self.

all you need is the GPS arial and the sensor wire cable and the install manual for toyotas website.

it is straight forward install as the face lift models all use the same connectors and therefore straight plug in and wire and go.

looks like on the pre face life you will need find out the placement of the wires as the collecters are differant

on a side note can you ask your mate if me know which pins are the camera inputs on the back of the unit as in the service menu it has the option to test camera and is grayed out as it is not connected.

this would be a great help to a lot of people..

thanks

• 2 years later...

hi there the 53 reg corolla has a different steering wheel controll to the face lift model and with the sat nav unit it is out of a 58 reg avensis it wont fit unless u get a differnt wiring loom for car ,the preface lift model corolla had a differnt nav unit with the dvd drive under the seat with full screen unit in the dash maybe you could try and track one of those units from some where,my old corolla had one of these and when i bought my new corolla had a toyota dealer try and swap it over but the wiring was differnt in the car. bope this helps

I've got the 700 fitted in my Rav 4 which is an 02 plate. The power and speaker connections are same on most Toyotas old and new.

I managed to connect the existing 6CD Changer and speed and reverse sensors by buying the wire Harnesses to fit the 700

They are available from parts king on the forum. I've still got the part number for the speed and reverse sensors and the changer part number was from someone on here

Cheers hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...

B9010-rear.jpg

The inputs of the TNS700/ B9010 follows those similar to those shown on the mapping of an older unit below:

http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/t...t=B9003Rear.jpg

The unit fits my dash fine, don't have a camera on me - but it looks similar to the one here:

http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/t...atNavinDash.jpg

As you can see there're gaps around the unit, so have ordered an double din facia plate for the corolla which will hopefully remedy this :)

As for what works, the stock connectors for the front and rear Speakers slot in just fine , as does the antenna plug - so that's the radio and CD plyer sorted.

Having slight probs with the sat nav as the sat nav cable and antenna that came with the unit need to be positioned as close to the screen as possible I was told. At the moment it is in the dash compartment and picking up either no sginal or giving very severe lags in detecting my position :( So will try to fit it on or near the windscreen, which isn't great for the aesthetics of my interior, but what can ya do..

The remaing question lies what to do with trying to connect the steering wheel controls to the new unit, as they are both Toyota stock units - I am hoping there is a mapping somewhere I can follow to rewire them to the adapter for the sterring controls for the new unit which I have have gotten hold of.

Was hoping for some advice on maybe wiring the trip computer as well but I think this may be a lot more tricky and prolly impossible as an Avensis and a Corolla are quite different :unsure:

At least am hoping to get the steering controls to work.. Called up the Toyota guys but they weren't very helpful, anyone know where I can start looking?

On a side note, how do you upload photos to the TOC website?

Many thanks

Hi there i have just got my hands on a b9010 sat nav and have fitted it into my 2005 corolla tsport but it is saying that there is no speed signal and the icon on the map is not moving as a result. So am wondering if u no which connector on the back of the unit it goes into and where i can get a speed signal from. Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get the speed sensor from The connectors already in the loom it is usually violet/white you will have to splice into it though. You will also need the wiring harness that's about £16 which goes into the back of the unit which then splices into the connector block

The unit should work without the need to connect the speed sensor as it works off the GPS antenna which should be Placed as close as possible to the windscreen. I've got it fitted in both my Rav's and one has got no speed sensor connected and other has. All it does is works through tunnels etc and you can use the maintenance programmes also you can't make any changes to it when over 3-5 mph when it's fitted

Hope that helps

Ash

• 4 months later...