Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought A T Sport

toyota-tech-21

hi iv just bought a yaris t sport. its a 55 plate with 22,000 miles and its chilli red. i havnt seen it or anything yet as it is at another dealership, iv only seen pictures.

i havnt been in one for ages and forgot what they are like. Just wandering if anyone could let me know what there like on the road (if there quick and just generally nice to drive).

Also, is there any modifications that i could do to them just to customise it a little bit. Im not a boy racer or anything just like it to stand out a little bit.

well excited cant wait to get it

thanks very much guys. :D :D :D

I'm surprised you bought it without having inspected it first! I know I paid a fair amount for my 55 plate, 23k TS, would have gone looney if I found something that had been 'hidden' from me!

I've had mine for half a year now and I love it to bits. I admit I haven't had much experience in fast cars, but the TS goes plenty fast for me currently in low gears! If you've had experience with the Fiesta Zetec S, it's very similar I found, though the Zetec S is a bit shorter and probably allows you to corner with more confidence!

As a daily car, I find it very usable, the pedals are feather light so you'll have no issues with traffic. The only problem that one might have, is the stiff ride. Going over bumps, speed bumps, pot holes, it will almost certainly break your back if you don't slow down for it. It is ridiculously painful for me, but of course, it pays off when you find the car doesn't have much body roll on corners, giving you a more stable and comfortable (when not riding over bumps) ride.

I haven't modified my car in any way yet, though I have been looking. Mufflers, tips etc. also looked at induction kits, but it all seems a bit pricey and doesn't do particularly much apart from generally being better for the car and sounding different. I personally would like to put the money towards upping power, but I'm upset with it's current state at all.

***** you are brave buying without seeing - but the good news is that you shouldn't be dissapointed. I have owned some very nice cars and recently down sized to a little T Sport. It is a proper little giant slayer and an absolute blast down twisty, off camber and typically pock marked UK B roads.

I must admit I am thinking of lowering mine and uprating the suspension as I just bought a 2 seater sporty summer car and all of a sudden the T Sport feels awefully tall and a little nose heavy, I think some stiffening/lowering and impoved brake feel are all that's needed. Oddly it feels powerful enough and can easly spin-up an inside wheel on tight turns so I'd always look at uprating the chassis before looking for more power; if I were to look at power I reckon a LSD would be a must have.

Regards

Yumma

The T sport is an awesome car with a few slight mods!

Suspension/Struts is a must to sort out the bodyroll and a high flow manifold with a decent relocated induction kit lets it pick up alot better!

They are 0-60 in 8.7 and similar to a VTS C2