Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Changeover

GTi maker

Hi I'm new to the forum but i am having problems and need advice... i just bought a gti corolla as i have a 1.3 model and wish to cahnge everything over and just want to know if there are any real problem areas to watch out for???? i am 18 and this is my first big project so any advice is greatly appreciated :) :)

Well...

why do you want to do that

nearly every thing will need to be changed

I know but the 1.3 Shell is mint without any rust where as the gti is red rotten :( ....so i know there is a lot of work but just need to know what to look out for?

you will need to make a template for the side skirts and spoiler mounting holes. everything else should just swap over. the dash is the same just swap over the clocks etc

you will need to make a template for the side skirts and spoiler mounting holes. everything else should just swap over. the dash is the same just swap over the clocks etc

Ya i have those already on the car so thats fine thanks.... its the wiring loom and electric window motors im not too sure about but maybe im wrong

strip it down and swap the whole looms over. will be a lot easier, i assume your swapping the engine too?

strip it down and swap the whole looms over. will be a lot easier, i assume your swapping the engine too?

ya everything.engine, box, interior and shocks and springs and that....i'm selling the gti interior i already have and the kit and boot spoiler and other stuff i have in the 1.3 then as their only spares otherwise

removing the dash is a pain but well worth doing to swap the whole harness. that way everything will work just as it did in the GTi,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links