Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Post Your Favourite Pic Of Iconic Toyotas Here......

ricc

Hello hello,

Im about to have a mess about and see about re-designing a banner for the forum. However, I had a slight brainwave.

I thought it might have been cool to incorporate some of the 'Iconic' Toyotas from Past & Present.

So....post your suggestions for Cars/Models here. Stock cars would be prefered greatly over modified car images. Rims and lowering AT the very most as I'd like the image to be a kind of 'celebration' of Toyotas hisory.

My sister had one of those!! A 1972 Celica GT. What a sweet car, it was the first Toyota I ever drove. I taught myself how to drive a stick in that car. Here's one of my favorites, the 2000GT from the Bond film "You Only Live Twice":

Toyota_2000GT_007_front_quarter.jpg

Great idea! I must admit none of the current toyota range do anything for me (apart from, at a pinch the landcruiser or US spec tundra/4runner) which is why I defected to another brand.

Focus on Toyota's bet bits!

I think the GT-1 was a good effort too! Shame they dropped out of Le Mans :( Got to have a supra/celica/or MR2 (Castrol Toms supra, Castrol GT-4 WRC car?) in there of some description.. and the Top gear artic Hilux is pretty iconic being the first to the north pole!

There has got to be a corolla of some sort too (nice ae-92 GTi?) As it is "the best selling car ever" (Why on earth did the marketing people at Toyota can that lineup?)

I also agree on the 2000GT and original celica (Although I'm a sucker for the RA-28 fastback)

Oooohhh and Marty McFly's hilux in Back to the future lol

I'll look for pics when I'm not at work.

Great idea! I must admit none of the current toyota range do anything for me (apart from, at a pinch the landcruiser or US spec tundra/4runner) which is why I defected to another brand.

Focus on Toyota's bet bits!

I think the GT-1 was a good effort too! Shame they dropped out of Le Mans :( Got to have a supra/celica/or MR2 (castrol Toms supra, Castrol GT-4 WRC car?) in there of some description.. and the Top gear artic Hilux is pretty iconic being the first to the north pole!

There has got to be a corolla of some sort too (nice ae-92 GTi?) As it is "the best selling car ever" (Why on earth did the marketing people at Toyota can that lineup?)

I also agree on the 2000GT and original celica (Although I'm a sucker for the RA-28 fastback)

Oooohhh and Marty McFly's hilux in Back to the future lol

I'll look for pics when I'm not at work.

Agreed :thumbsup:

main.jpg

Toyota Model AA - The First Ever Toyota 1936

Toyota_Model_AA.jpg

:thumbsup:

Was looking for that one of Carlos ..

and

oz99sainz2.jpg

And this ..

Was just about to to add that piccy of the gen 5.....it is one of my favs.

ST165... always overlooked!

My forst toyota was an ST162. so I will always have a soft spot for them!

Would love to build one with ST205 running gear "anda bit more grunt"

Would make a cracking sleaper! No figure 8 arm nonsense either :D

Gen 4's are hot!!!!!!!!! Gen 5 wins though.. but saying that I would have one of each please.

How about the RAV4? When it came on the scene in the mid-'90's, it took everyone by surprise. It sent the other car makers scrambling to come up with a compact SUV of their own. I would have to call it iconic, since it changed the industry:

2005ToyotaRav4.jpg

I love the Top Secret V12 supra...

Remove the rubbish spoiler and headlights and its a sweet looking car!

Some awesome suggestions coming in!

keep the pics flowing, the more we have posted the more inspiration I can glean from them.

newlookbig.jpg

The problem with useing these (or some of them) for the forum banner is going to either be copyright issues or someone who owns the car objecting to it's use without permission.

But this is an un-official Toyota club using a copywrited name and logo isn't it? :huh:

But this is an un-official Toyota club using a copywrited name and logo isn't it? :huh:

With permission.. as far as I'm aware.

there is only 4 copywrighted images posted here... which wont be used! :)

I'm not trying to put your ideas down... just asking you to be carefull, we may not be allowed to use a design if there is the possibilty of objections, Toyota are very protective over their branding and trademarks.

Simple, just use members cars!

Santa Pod have used a picture od Leeky's old Castrol logo'd GT4 for ages without his permission!

Supra%20T2.jpg

My Grey UK Turbo, taken at Beaulieu, by a Toyota Photographer whilsh he was taking some pics for Toyota "Infront" Magazine. On a cold gatwick run one night I once got wheelspin at 70 :lol: - It was an auto too.

Greysoop.JPG

Same car again, bone standard and unmodifed.

Soopfield.JPG

'88 narrow body Twin turbo targa supra, a bit special ;) Wheel span in every gear on a Santa pod run :lol: 8k rpm redline on a 21 your old straight six.

aw11.JPG

My MK1 MR2, later Tegan's car

trusksoop.JPG

Two of the finest Toyotas.. Hilux now Belongs to Bibbs.

I must admit in retrospect I someones wonder if it was worth selling these both and getting a £10k loan towards an M3???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links