Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming A Replacement Key

Eddiem

Hello Guys.

I have an 02 Gen 7 Celica 190 my remote has decided to packup it will not operate the central locking when pressed but will open the car after I have locked it with the key quite clearly the lock button has malfunctioned. :unsure:

I have been told that it is possible to get another remote and program it into the car can any of you tell me if you have done this and how sucssesful it was.

My local Toyota dealer assures me that it can not be done and has offered me a replacement at a very high price :angry:

Thanks Booster.

Have had the fob looked at 2day its definitley broken so that takes me back to square 1

Eddiem said:
I have been told that it is possible to get another remote and program it into the car can any of you tell me if you have done this and how sucssesful it was.

I haven't done this myself but a couple of the chaps on Mod edit have managed it.

CELICA KEY PROGRAMMING (gen7)

1 open door, take key out...

2 insert and remove key from ignition 2 times

3 close and open driver's door 2 times

4 insert and remove key from ignition

5 close and open driver's door 2 times

6 insert key into ignition

7 close door

8 turn ignition from 'lock' to 'on' and back to 'lock'

if you do step #8

1 time it's for add mode

2 times for rewrite mode

3 times for confirmation mode

4 times for prohibition mode

9 remove key

10 then door lock will cycle 'lock' and 'unlock' a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step #8

11 press lock and unlock button together for 1 ~ 1.5 sec then release

12 then within 3 sec press lock button for 1 sec then release

13 if you did correctly door lock will cycle once...

if wrong, twice... then do it over...

For Imobiliser encoding if previous does not work:

Simultaneously depress and then release BRAKE & ACCELERATOR Pedal 1 time Insert existing master key into ignition and switch to ON Within 15 secs depress & release ACCELERATOR pedal 5 times (take your time) Within 20 secs depress & release BRAKE pedal 6 times (again take your time) Remove Key Within 10 secs insert new key into ignition and switch to ON Within 10 sces depress and release ACELERATOR pedal 1 time After 60-80 secs Security light will stop flashing, and new key is registered Take out key and depress and release BRAKE peadal 1 time Key should now start car

• 11 years later...

I had same problem bought new key with internals from eBay £40 watched video on you tube how to reprogram it was easy to do but that only sorted key fob and car wouldnt start now i need to program key to remote fob. 

On 5/24/2009 at 8:02 PM, halek said:

I haven't done this myself but a couple of the chaps on Mod edit have managed it.

I then had to program the key so followed instruction listed here and after 4 or 5 attempts it worked. I'm well pleased as I couldn't get it done at a locksmiths because they said the chip was not recognised

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links