wheels now

100_1650.jpg

little fornt number plate and trd sunstrip

100_1641.jpg

100_1648.jpg

100_1647.jpg

and this is her last week on the way to japfest lol

100_1709.jpg

as soon as the new gearbox and clutch are fitted i will be starting with the mod's :)

Nice shiney car :thumbsup:

Hey Spookey................My Reg plate finishes MZN :eek:

Nice shiney car :thumbsup:

Hey Spookey................My Reg plate finishes MZN :eek:

Not your usual criticism then for displaying reg plates on pbulic forums? haha maybe I too should dye my hair blonde!

On a plus note, looks cool. Still, the Yaris lacks that thing I love called Lift. mmmmmmmmm

yer im not to good with computers so cant blank the plate o well lol

as soon as the gearbox is fitted i will be getting her lowered that the first thing on my list

looks very nice Debi, great colour too

Edit: I just seen you're looking at getting the front windows tinted, Be warned it is illegal and I seen on Traffic cops the police rip a part of it off so you have to remove the tints and check up on it, that was on a Range Rover Sport fitted by Land Rover. and if VOSA see them, you'd better hope they don't, they are like customs (As in they rip your car apart and its upto you to put it back together)

Edited by Pompey Gaz

Dam bet those white wheels aint that clean now! lol

lol i have to clean them 2 to 3times and day night mare but worth it :)

looks very nice Debi, great colour too

Edit: I just seen you're looking at getting the front windows tinted, Be warned it is illegal and I seen on Traffic cops the police rip a part of it off so you have to remove the tints and check up on it, that was on a Range Rover Sport fitted by Land Rover. and if VOSA see them, you'd better hope they don't, they are like customs (As in they rip your car apart and its upto you to put it back together)

thanks Gaz i will have a think then i thought u could have really light tints on the front :(

USed to be 75% visibility allowed through the tint on the front for it to be LEGAL. I believe the law is now being changed to say 100%. Best thing to do is check with te DVLA/VOSA.

ok thanks guys i will check before i get them done just to be on safe side

I think it depends who you ask, if its limo black then you'll definatly get done for it but if its like 10% or so then no one will notice but there is no point in them lol The cops on it were South Yorkshire, whice are your force and i'm not sure if it is the force's view of just the cops it was following but they have a 0% tint on the front windows policy

http://www.ukwindowtints.co.uk/Law.htm

THE LAW ON TINTED WINDOWS

How dark a car windscreen tint can I have?

There are legal limits specifying how dark tinted windows can be on a vehicle:

* behind the B Post (ie rear passenger windows and rear screen) there are no limits

* side windows in front of the B Post (ie front passenger windows) must allow 70% of light through

* front windscreens must allow 75% of light through

Be careful whether the tint you are considering blocks 70% of light or allows through 70% of light. For front windows the regulations are about the amount of light that is allowed through. Also be aware that if you have a factory tint that blocks 10%, you will only be able to block an additional 20%.

Window tints are not checked on the annual MoT test - the cost of the equipment required at every MoT centre would be excessive. Window and windscreen tints are the responsibility of VOSA. If you are stopped by the police and found to have excessively tinted windows, you will be required to remove the tint. Driving with illegally tinted windows may invalidate your insurance. Limo style all round tints are illegal in the UK.

Why are there limits to the amount of windscreen tint allowed?

The window tint limits required are primarily for safety reasons. In dull conditions and at night, the driver's ability to see is severely hampered by excessive tints. Not all countries have regulations as strict as the UK. In these countries a number of road deaths have been directly attributed to the driver being unable to see properly through a heavily tinted front windscreen. In addition it is helpful for other road users to be able to see the driver of the vehicle, particularly at junctions.

Motorcyclists are also subject to laws restricting tinted helmet visors.

I had my corolla done but they wouldn't touch the front windows but I'm not a fan of getting the front done anyways

JAE2007094.jpg

hmm think i will be better off leaving them as the head cop station (where the evo and scooby's live) is next to my work so will proberly get stopped the day i have them done

thanks for the advice guys

no worries, its always better to be safe than sorry, Have you told your insurance people about tints? I didn't then when i had to go in to declare my points they saw my car and had to ring the head office to see if i was still covered (I wasn't unless i paid £3k more on my policy) so i got a new policy, but its better to tell them IMHO because most won't charge you extra but if you have a crash and its a mod thats not declared your not technically insured.

God I just keep being negative tonight haha :(

no worries, its always better to be safe than sorry, Have you told your insurance people about tints? I didn't then when i had to go in to declare my points they saw my car and had to ring the head office to see if i was still covered (I wasn't unless i paid £3k more on my policy) so i got a new policy, but its better to tell them IMHO because most won't charge you extra but if you have a crash and its a mod thats not declared your not technically insured.

God I just keep being negative tonight haha :(

Yer i have told them everything the bloke on the phone laughed at me tho and said i sound like a girl racer :(

tints

non standard wheels

head unit and sound system

front number plate - dont think this counts but i thought i would tell them lol

all above are declared - dont think they can put my insurance up anymore tbh i pay £1500 :( but policy runs out in about a month so fingers crossed it should come down :)

you might get stung there. How does insurance even work? Haha

Fully Comp on my rolla (1.3) i was £110 a month

third party f+t i wa like £170 a month (with my windows and 3 points)

Mondy (1.8) i was £180 a month third party fire and theft

08 Grande Punto (1.2) with 3 points was £210 a month

and just got a quote on a 2.0 turbo hatchback rover 220 for £78 a month fully comp

All with no no claims because i get a new car and new policy and all with 3 points

Nice car Debi!! :thumbsup:

Love the de-wipered rear, might do this to mine as the wiper now is useless!! :lol:

Good luck with the mods. ;)

i am unsure with insurance tbh i only paid £1600 on my MR2 that i imported when i was 19 o well only 3years and 2day till i get cheaper insurance whoop whoop lol

Thanks Raeman

i thought the same with the back wiper so toke it off looks loads better without it tbh i want to get it all smoothed then it will look loads better

its your birthday on Wednesday? :o

lol i only have to wait just under a year and a half :D

its your birthday on Wednesday? :o

lol i only have to wait just under a year and a half :D

yep wednesday i start to get old lol

So this is the motor?

Looks ok i suppose... don't like the tow truck mod tho! :lol:

So this is the motor?

Looks ok i suppose... don't like the tow truck mod tho! :lol:

yep this is my baby :)

must admit the tow truck mod really slowed her down lol

It appears to have been lowered by the local chavs overnight! :unsure: :o

Debi-low-01.jpg

Debi-low-02.jpg

Debi-low-03.jpg

Not very careful though as they appear to have cut themselves and left bloodstains all over your drive ;)

wow how sexy does she look lowered defo going to be the first mod after gearbox :)

and Ricc i am no nurse but i am a first aider :) and but got the nurse uniform lol