Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adjusting The Avensis 2007 Light Sensor Possible?

Marsl1970

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to adjust the sensitivity (or disable) of the automatic light sensor on a Avensis 2007.

Main reason is that I'd like to have the lights always on, but am to lazu to use the switch :D

Of course a idea might be to 'blindfold' the sensor, however I hope there is a more nice way to achive the same....

Also other trick like automatic winodw close on car lock etc. are welcome :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to adjust the sensitivity (or disable) of the automatic light sensor on a Avensis 2007.

Main reason is that I'd like to have the lights always on, but am to lazu to use the switch :D

Of course a idea might be to 'blindfold' the sensor, however I hope there is a more nice way to achive the same....

Also other trick like automatic winodw close on car lock etc. are welcome :rolleyes:

How did it go? I'm trying to get always-on lights on my Avensis as well, so please let me know if you managed to get it working. You can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensors using "the inteligent tester II". I had Toyota do that to my car, but the lights still turned off in normal daylight condition. I also tried to blindfold the sensor. For that to work, you seemingly need to cover the entire rain sensor, which will mess up the automatic wiper function. Pulling off the plug on the rain sensor will turn the auto-wiping function into a normal working wiping system. Unfortunately, it will not make the lights come on, which is a bit strange.

So you can alter the sensitivity then? I've been complaining to Mr T many times that the lights remain on even when it's quite sunny (last week in the early morning sunshine it was bright enough to need sunglasses and the lights were still on!) - Mr T just says the lights are behaving normally and wouldn't change the sensor (no mention that the sensitivity could be altered).

So you can alter the sensitivity then? I've been complaining to Mr T many times that the lights remain on even when it's quite sunny (last week in the early morning sunshine it was bright enough to need sunglasses and the lights were still on!) - Mr T just says the lights are behaving normally and wouldn't change the sensor (no mention that the sensitivity could be altered).

It seems like the light sensor can be set to one of five different light sensitivity settings using the intelligent tester II. This function is described in the 2006.04 update document at techdoc.toyota-europe.com. If you pm me your e-mail, I'll send you the PDF.

• Like 1

PDF received - many thanks. I now understand that when Mr T said the operation of the automatic lights was 'normal' they were not lying - but missed out saying that it could be 'light1/light2/dark1/dark2" instead!

I think another rant at Mr T is called for.

PDF received - many thanks. I now understand that when Mr T said the operation of the automatic lights was 'normal' they were not lying - but missed out saying that it could be 'light1/light2/dark1/dark2" instead!

Maybe he's a part-time politician :) Let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

I got Mr T to alter the sensitivity to 'dark2'. On the way to the car, the technician claimed the documents on the Toyota site usually wrong, but after a bit of searching through the intelligent tester II's menus he found the relevant setting. The manager (who earlier said he was not a technical expert) claimed the change in settings would be 'miniscule', but as he didn't even know the sensitivity setting existed it was not clear on what this observation was based - it certainly doesn't inspire confidence in dealership's expertise.

However, after a few weeks of driving with the new setting, it appears to be more or less like it was before the car's first ECU update - much more willing to switch off when it's bright. So many thanks to hubla for finding the information about the adjustment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the new Avensis 2009 and I would like to get more information about the light sensor adjustment. By default the car was with the level 3, but I asked to change to the level 5 in order to the lights turns on with quit brithgness. It seems to work, once the lights turns on urlier but they are too sensitive and turns off very quickly. With the level 1 do they turns on with same level of ligt (lux) and stay more time on? Can someone send me the specifications for eatch level?

Tank you in advance and sorry for my english.

Hi, I have the new Avensis 2009 and I would like to get more information about the light sensor adjustment. By default the car was with the level 3, but I asked to change to the level 5 in order to the lights turns on with quit brithgness. It seems to work, once the lights turns on urlier but they are too sensitive and turns off very quickly. With the level 1 do they turns on with same level of ligt (lux) and stay more time on? Can someone send me the specifications for eatch level?

Tank you in advance and sorry for my english.

please let me know if you came up with a solution as i have the same problem with the auto headlight adjustment and Toyota in South Africa are incompetant as i am still waiting 2 weeks later ,after querying the same problem you are experiencing.

could ypu please email me the PDF file as well? riazo@pinteq.co.za

• 4 years later...

I was thinking if I could get instructions on how to adjust the sensitivity of the daylight sensor on my avensis as well. Its a T25

Can I also get this file. I also want to adjust the sensitivity of my T25

The file says: The lighting illumination sensitivity can be set using the 'intelligent tester II' (so it looks like a visit to Toyota then).

The only other relevant iinormation in the file is:

Intelligent Tester II Display Content: Sensitivity

Content: To adjust the sensitivity of the lighting illumination.

Default: Normal

Selection: LIGHT 2/LIGHT 1/NORMAL/DARK 1/DARK 2

... so not really much to help for you to do it yourself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links