Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Changing Alloys, Need Plenty Of Advice!

z-tune-z2

Right, first off, NO, is not an option :P I want to put some new ones on.

Currently I have an 05 Yaris T- Sport with totally standard alloys, those 6 spoke grey ones. I know they're 15 inches, but am not sure of the width (I would check my manual, but I am not with my car currently).

I have found a set off eBay (questionable place of purchase perhaps...), WolfRace Pro Sprints, 15" as I am satisfied with the size of the current set. It says the width of these are 6J.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wolfrace-15-Pro-Spri...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I just wanted to know if my current tyres (that are on the standard T Sport alloys) would fit on these new alloys, the page says the WolfRace alloys will come with a full set of 'performance tyres' but I am skeptical of them being reasonable, also I got 2 new tyres put on free of charge before I bought the Yaris half a year ago.

Lasssstly, is there any reason I should not purchase this set/ brand?

Thanks very much!

Wolfrace are a bit of a cheap brand that you see in Halfords and usually weather quite quickly.

Standard tyres on a T sport are 185/55 R15 but will run 195/50 R15 for better grip!

T sport rims are 15x 5.5 J

If it was me i would go for a set or Rota alloys! They are lightweight aswell!

So... If the T Sport wheels are 5.5 inches, and the WolfRace wheels are 6, the tyres wouldn't fit? Or is there a margin that allows them to be compatible? Sorry, I'm so confused!

I'll take a look in to Rota btw, thanks.

There is a margin that allows them to be compatible but i dont know how much it is, the tyres that would come with the wolfrace wheels on the 6 J rim would be 195/50 so it depends if your T sport tyres are 185/55 as they came standard or have been changed to 195/50!

If your tyres are 185/55 i would put them on the wolfrace wheels as there would be alot of stretch and could easily damage the rim as there would be no tyre wall protector!

Well as I have kept the T Sport wheels standard, they must be 185/55 right? :unsure:

Also I'm guessing your second paragraph meant you wouldn't fit my current tyres on to the new wheels because there's a fairly big difference?

Try this site, great fun to be had.....Sort of. :lol:

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/

Hah, I went through and quite liked the Rota Grids on a T- Sport, but the price range is a bit too out there for me!

I've also looked in to Kei Racing Force wheels, a little more expensive than the Sprint Pros on a website I found called "Mad Motors", but I like them more.

Also, I have decided I may as well use the tyres they come with, because it's unlikely my old tyres will be compatible, just need to check what tyres I will be getting when I purchase a new set of alloys!

Does anyone have any opinions on Kei Racing and this website called "Mad Motors"? I've tried looking online to see if anyone has bought from them before, but haven't found any opinions!

Thanks.

Well as I have kept the T Sport wheels standard, they must be 185/55 right? :unsure:

Also I'm guessing your second paragraph meant you wouldn't fit my current tyres on to the new wheels because there's a fairly big difference?

Sorry yes meant to say wouldnt!

Rota Grids are awesome, i think a company on eBay do a tyre and wheel package for Rota for a half decent price!

Never had any experience with the ones you have mentioned! :)

Right, here are the wheels I am now dead set on getting! Ignore my original question please now guys! I'm getting new tyres with these, Toyo T1-Rs.

post-70477-1243544133_thumb.jpg

Ideas on storing old tyres? Will they deform/ develop spots if I leave them stacked or whatever?

They look a bit similar to my SR Rims. B)

That's a thought. Why not just put some sr wheels on. They really suit the T-sport. :D

Yeah, they certainly do, however I couldn't find a pair for sale online and I'm not sure about going to Toyota to see if they have any.

Looked on TTE website, and found Chicane and GP, they're variants of the same design, but couldn't find the SR wheels!

Having compared the two directly, I still prefer the styling of the Force 10s, they're subtle, but they're there. Unless I can find a set of SRs in good condition, I think I may go for the gun metal Force 10s!!

They are smart those force 10's and look great in that colour! B)

My favourites for ages are the Rota rims esp in black with the polished lip!! :drool:

If money wasn't needed for meaningless life things, ie bills, mortgage ect.. then i could be tempted myself! :yes:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links