Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spotted!

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi everyone.

I spotted a stock, red GTi (Maybe different alloys) between 2 and 4 around central Milton Keynes, Downs Barn area.

Anyone here then?

I didn't think that anyone had a GTi near me maybe passing through?

WHY SO FEW GTI OWNERS?!?!?

Guess I'm still alone down here in MK. :(

Mate i know wot u mean, im in bristol and ive only ever seen 2 of them in 5 years! one driven by 2 oap's and another

one which was falling apart! I sometimes like the exclusivity of it but coming from south africa where its a top selling car which

we still make brand new (with slight facelift!) its strange to never see any! also a pain in the ***** for parts sumtimes! :wacko:

Howabout starting a GTi gallery? :yes:

Mate i know wot u mean, im in bristol and ive only ever seen 2 of them in 5 years! one driven by 2 oap's and another

one which was falling apart! I sometimes like the exclusivity of it but coming from south africa where its a top selling car which

we still make brand new (with slight facelift!) its strange to never see any! also a pain in the ***** for parts sumtimes! :wacko:

It is a fag trying to get parts for these.

Mine was owned by an oap and he had no idea what it was and how good it is!

I don't drive because I'm 14, but its having the engine out over the summer and I'll have a topic following that.

A GTi gallery sounds like a good idea to me. But how would we start one?

It ideally needs to be pinned. :yes:

It is a !Removed! trying to get parts for these.

I don't drive because I'm 14, but its having the engine out over the summer and I'll have a topic following that.

A gti at 14? haha jesus thats savage!!! you should come here to limerick here in ireland they are fairly common although the honda civic still triumphs here... i have my own now and there an unreal car to mess around with... why you taking out the engine?? hopefully nothing serious.. i am doing the exact same thing myself, body is rotten so i got a new body and changing everthing over.. ya i'd love to see a gti gallery to get ideas on different looks and that...

It is a fag trying to get parts for these.

A gti at 14? haha jesus thats savage!!! you should come here to limerick here in ireland they are fairly common although the honda civic still triumphs here... i have my own now and there an unreal car to mess around with... why you taking out the engine?? hopefully nothing serious.. i am doing the exact same thing myself, body is rotten so i got a new body and changing everthing over.. ya i'd love to see a gti gallery to get ideas on different looks and that...

Nah there's no problem with the engine.

The clutch may as well be made from fairy liqiud so I've got a new TRD 20% uprated clutch, Ashley Exhaust System and a GREEN Poer-Flow air-filter. Should take me to about 140bhp hopefully.

The engines coming out for a complete overhaul so that I can get all the lost horses back and ensure that it runs at its best. I've stripped a lot of the engine bay out. In the 4 years I have, I'll upgrade to late-spec calipers and Black Diamond discs with steel brake line kit. And I'll get some KSPORT coilovers along with ROTA's too.

I stripped out the whole interior and reconditioned the carpet, aswell as fitting a new MOMO steering wheel, handbrake and Gear-knob. I just fitted a new DVD radio too and have also sprayed many parts of the interior black to cover that horrible grey/blue. I wil be getting its body-work repaired and resprayed in an Aston Martin white. I may get a body-kit, at least a bonnet scoop, along with smoked headlamps and clear indicators and tail lights.

As you can see, I have much to do, but I'll be keeping everyone updated with the progress.

Well, we have 3 for a GTi gallery;

KP

Gordy75

GTi maker

Anymore?!

just a warning on the Ksport coil overs, you might as well put a chunk of wood at each corner. they are massively oversprung.

i run fensport springs and Koni adjustables with a full supaflex bush kit and it handles very well considering the extra weight on the front end.

whiteline antiroll bars are awsome too.

just a warning on the Ksport coil overs, you might as well put a chunk of wood at each corner. they are massively oversprung.

i run fensport springs and Koni adjustables with a full supaflex bush kit and it handles very well considering the extra weight on the front end.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll take a look at the KONI's but i want a 50mm drop.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll take a look at the KONI's but i want a 50mm drop.

is 50mm low for a corolla?

sorry i dont know LOL

is 50mm low for a corolla?

sorry i dont know LOL

I'm hoping that it will have my GTi on its knees!

People lower them loads and to little effect :lol:

Great to see this pinned, this will have to be the GTi gallery!

I've just been out with my mate Davis and have done loads of work on the GTi. We got the interior parts sprayed, the steering wheel torqued, the gear-knob fitted (I took the housing from my GL) and the handbrake stuff. We also removed the sound deadening stuff aswell. I'll post up a tutorial of everything that we did and what you need to do and use to get it done aswell. ;)

mcchunkers. a red compressor, was the reg VEZ 5370 by any chance

a guy who always has nice cars round the corner from me just got a red compressor the other day and it is soooooooooo sooooo nice lookin.

im not sure if the one i saw in town was a compressor, i was too busy watchin the car, the lights and the road infront of me while talking to my sister.

a guy who always has nice cars round the corner from me just got a red compressor the other day and it is soooooooooo sooooo nice lookin.

im not sure if the one i saw in town was a compressor, i was too busy watchin the car, the lights and the road infront of me while talking to my sister.

yes mate, i'm 95% sure that's what the registration mark was - he adored the car beyond belief, and provided me with valuable info and miller's octane booster to help me out - couldn't believe it when he said he got rid of it. i think maybe it's cos my mate's mum (his wife) hated the car simply because any time they were out, he'd always get challenged to race, and he would always take them on, with her screaming her head off beside him lol...

yes mate, i'm 95% sure that's what the registration mark was - he adored the car beyond belief, and provided me with valuable info and miller's octane booster to help me out - couldn't believe it when he said he got rid of it. i think maybe it's cos my mate's mum (his wife) hated the car simply because any time they were out, he'd always get challenged to race, and he would always take them on, with her screaming her head off beside him lol...

hahahaaaaa. cracker. it just makes me want one now :P i have to say it is stunning. if i ever see the current owner ill have to ask him about lift n all haha. being so young, itd cost me nearly 5grand to get insured on one of those bad boys!!!

hahahaaaaa. cracker. it just makes me want one now :P i have to say it is stunning. if i ever see the current owner ill have to ask him about lift n all haha. being so young, itd cost me nearly 5grand to get insured on one of those bad boys!!!

aye mate, the red in it is stunning looking, would have preferred one myself, but had to settle for silver - not that i'm complaining though! luckily for me i've been driving a few years now and got me and the wife ( only 2 years driving AND she's under 25 ) insured on the compressor for 400, which is fair enough i think. the real costs are in running it, putting in 50 beans a week in petrol! and then the octane booster, putting money by for the tax disc, and the servicing costs - hopefully i can keep that one down to a minimum though - my wee mate knows a toyota engineer!

spotted 3 today, one black pre facelift t-sport in westway shopping place in greenford. also one facelift grey on the westway coming from gypsy corner another one moments later pre facelift thunder grey with dark tints bombing it near carphone warehouse on gypsy corner!

spotted 3 today, one black pre facelift t-sport in westway shopping place in greenford. also one facelift grey on the westway coming from gypsy corner another one moments later pre facelift thunder grey with dark tints bombing it near carphone warehouse on gypsy corner!

I saw that same black pre-facelift at tesco's in rayners lane filling up. I saw you last night getting on to the hayes bypass, i was at the traffic lights at harlington. Tryed to catch up but you got off the slip at hayes.

Light-grey/Silver Pre-Face-Lift T-Sport.

Always around Wolverton in the mornings, along the route for my bus journey through the square.

Between 8:30 and 8:45

Spotted a Grey Facelift pulling into the Llandegla mountain bike centre as I was coming out today, gave me a nod :lol:

Anyone on here? :P

I saw that same black pre-facelift at tesco's in rayners lane filling up. I saw you last night getting on to the hayes bypass, i was at the traffic lights at harlington. Tryed to catch up but you got off the slip at hayes.

That might of been t-sport786 my car has been on the driveway getting work done hehe! but yea must of been t-sport786 black pre faceilft but with facelift side skirts and rear skirt things.

saw another thunder grey facelift in greenford today. Outside a shop near horsenden lane north. Windows open didnt see driver!

Grey F/L 55 reg.... this morning right behind me joining the M1 at Jct41

Pretty sure this is the same one i've seen around the Blackgates area too....

I'm placing my bets now that it's nobody on here!

:lol:

very nice sunburst red t-sport at the valley leisure centre in newtownabbey at around 1.00pm today, think the reg was NEZ something. was driving past in the work van, and just caught sight of it's delightful ***** hanging out over the curb. woodyatlarge by any chance?

very nice sunburst red t-sport at the valley leisure centre in newtownabbey at around 1.00pm today, think the reg was NEZ something. was driving past in the work van, and just caught sight of it's delightful ***** hanging out over the curb. woodyatlarge by any chance?

same one i saw in town one day!!! i thought you were from the opposite side of town chief. its a real nice lookin motor.

Last week, in Balbriggan :o

I had just pulled around a corner & parked when I saw the lead car in the flow following me was a 91 Meath exact twin of my Corolla Executive GL. I think he was going to stop coz his brake lights went on, but couldn't coz there was a line of traffic up his exhaust :angry:

These cars are rare as hen's teeth here, as they were never sold in this Country. Getting rare in the UK now too.There is one other in the town, a white one.

If either of you recognise yourselves & are on here, give me a shout :D

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a silver pre-facelift yesterday at approximately 18:30 pulling out of the car park next to the train station in South Oxhey. Was a young looking guy and the car had a TTE front splitter and TTE sports grille fitted so looked similar to mine :)