Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 06 D-4d T3-x Trip Computer And Mpg

john_robot

Bought my d-4d T3-x '06 avensis with 33000 miles on the clock;

I noticed that when I do full refill the computer gives me 695km /~ 432 miles / range;

Given the 60l fuel tank this calculates as 8.63L / 100 km / ~ 32.73 MPG/.

This is from about 30/70 highway/urban driving;

Took my chances and reset the computer /disconnected the battery/, refilled and it now shows 730 km range.

Nevertheless I still do 430 miles per tank max.

And on top of this the computer insists that the average consumption is 6.9 L / 100 km. /it is actually 8.63/100 /

Now, I know this has been discussed a lot, but how the heck does the computer calculate the remaining range ?

Does it really reset on power down?

A friend of mine has year 2000 Xsara D and does 430 miles with 40 litres tank...

I noticed that when I do full refill the computer gives me 695km /~ 432 miles / range;

Took my chances and reset the computer /disconnected the battery/, refilled and it now shows 730 km range.

And on top of this the computer insists that the average consumption is 6.9 L / 100 km. /it is actually 8.63/100 /

Now, I know this has been discussed a lot, but how the heck does the computer calculate the remaining range ?

A friend of mine has year 2000 Xsara D and does 430 miles with 40 litres tank...

hello

mine shows 850 kms when filled in full up to top.

i have been checking and covered 800 kms on one tank excluding reserve (for 80 kms)

cheers

where, are you changing ur gears ?

at what revs ?

where, are you changing ur gears ?

at what revs ?

between 1800 - 2100, depends on the road really

on my mk1 and mk2 avensis

i used to change

1st 15mph

2nd 25>27mph

3rd 37mph

i used to get better economy

is ur engine labouring at any time ?

i used to change

1st 15mph

2nd 25>27mph

3rd 37mph

no as far as I am aware :-)

the thing is that the computer shows mpg which should give me some 900 km /at least/

in reality I got 700...

i used to change

1st 15mph

2nd 25>27mph

3rd 37mph

no as far as I am aware :-)

the thing is that the computer shows mpg which should give me some 900 km /at least/

in reality I got 700...

Mine is the same t3x maybe its cos your still burning petrol at the lights that might

be where the discrepency comes from i use the trip comp where the milage is .

Well first things first ignore the trip computer it lies. Well it doesnt lie but it doenst tell the whole truth. From what I gather the display works out the range based on the urban mpg average or some such. So if you are doing lots of slow cruisy motorway miles you will get over that range.

You say you are doing 70% urban driving, sorry but that will kill your MPG. I have worked out I get a 5-10mpg drop in mpg around town compared to the motorways.

Do you work out your mpg by hand ie tank to tank fill ups and the distance travelled? or just use the computer? As by hand is the only true accurate way to know what you are doing. My hand calcs show Better mpg then the on board computers. Some times Im too feeling too lazy to do it myself so use http://www.geocities.com/mpgcalc/ to work it out.

When you say per tank is that empty to empty as in the fuel warning light is just on the needle is near empty or you have had the fuel warning light on for the last 50 miles? each of those Will make a difference.

Then there is whole host of other things that affect mpg, stop start urban driving being the biggest killer followed by tyres pressure, roof bars, air con, unecessary loads. Also worth checking the air filter isnt full of dirt and you have the right oil in the car.

Also I wouldnt compare your car to a xara it is a much smaller lighter car so id expect a little bit better mpg even if it is french ;)