Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Argh! Shocker Of A Day.... Literally!

ricc

Ok, so the plan for the day was simple, strip the car out of all un-required items. Save weight ready for Satna Pod Sat. Then give her a damn good clean as she is compltely hanging after the new brakes went on a few weeks back.

3 minutes into starting work on it....'SPLAT', I literally face planted the road. Massive chest pain and could hardly move.

Cutting a long story short, after being scrapped off the road by the local butcher :lol: and taken up to AnE it would appear I need to go and have a full ECG panel thing due to an abnormal rythm or murmur?! I dont rearlly understand heart stuff. lol

Anyway, got back from 'l'hospital' fortunately with no ill effects, gave myself an hour before heading back out! The Pod must go on!!! :naughty:

Ive just removed from my car:-

Spare Diesel Battery from boot.

Spare Wheel.

Boot Liner.

Plastic Trays.

Jack/Brace/Wheels Nuts.

2 Builders buckets Full of Valeting Equipment.

Folding Camp Chair.

Umbrella.

2 Full Size Towels.

Assorte Clothing.

Pair of Crutches.

3 CD Packs.

Assorted Tools.

Car Documetation and Folders.

Maps

Lower Seat Sections.

Rear Headrests.

Parcel Shelf.

Ok, so we all know the PFL has a pretty rediculous ride height stock, but with the lightened rear end :o :lol:

It looks totally stacked :D :D :lol:

On the plus side theres a fair bit of weight been removed from the car. Id estimate about 80/90kg minimum. possibly even creeping up to 110kg. Must be worth up to .5 or so of a second?!

Now I must make her shine! pics will follow to visualise the 1ft arch gap at the rear. :lol:

Ok, so the plan for the day was simple, strip the car out of all un-required items. Save weight ready for Satna Pod Sat. Then give her a damn good clean as she is compltely hanging after the new brakes went on a few weeks back.

3 minutes into starting work on it....'SPLAT', I literally face planted the road. Massive chest pain and could hardly move.

Cutting a long story short, after being scrapped off the road by the local butcher :lol: and taken up to AnE it would appear I need to go and have a full ECG panel thing due to an abnormal rythm or murmur?! I dont rearlly understand heart stuff. lol

Anyway, got back from 'l'hospital' fortunately with no ill effects, gave myself an hour before heading back out! The Pod must go on!!! :naughty:

Spare Wheel.

Boot Liner.

Plastic Trays.

Jack/Brace/Wheels Nuts.

Folding Camp Chair.

Umbrella.

2 Full Size Towels.

Assorte Clothing.

Pair of Crutches.

3 CD Packs.

Assorted Tools.

Maps

Lower Seat Sections.

Rear Headrests.

Parcel Shelf.

Ok, so we all know the PFL has a pretty rediculous ride height stock, but with the lightened rear end :o :lol:

On the plus side theres a fair bit of weight been removed from the car. Id estimate about 80/90kg minimum. possibly even creeping up to 110kg. Must be worth up to .5 or so of a second?!

Now I must make her shine! pics will follow to visualise the 1ft arch gap at the rear. :lol:

You have just posted that in the Corolla Forums.........................

Not trying to pump up your post count?? :P ;) :lol:

I posted the following in reply:

If you made it "remote control" you would loose a lot more weight

It has been known for certain TOC members to remove their Air-Con unit to loose weight and subcontract the driving to a "lighter weight" jockey.....................seriously

AND IT WORKED!!

;)

Seriously.............do not overdo it and damage yourself

Oh dear, what a start to the day :)

I hope you're OK!

Looks like you managed to remove quite a bit from your car, should get that extra .5 of a second! :D

I always think the pod is a good barometer of road going performance... i.e. if you car has a spare and a jack, leave them in. just get rif of all the extra junk!

P.S. Hope the ticker is ok ;)

Best of luck with the ECG :thumbsup::doctor: That sort of thing doesn't happen for no reason :(

Spare Wheel.

Boot Liner.

Plastic Trays.

Jack/Brace/Wheels Nuts.

Folding Camp Chair.

Umbrella.

2 Full Size Towels.

Assorte Clothing.

Pair of Crutches.

3 CD Packs.

Assorted Tools.

Maps

Lower Seat Sections.

Rear Headrests.

Parcel Shelf.

I've been cutting out the sound deadenign with my mate. Its really heavy stuff actually! :lol:

I needed to do it to plate up the arch rust anyway so it works out for me. :)

Tanks for the messages of concern guys :) It was probably THE most single scary thing I have ever been through. I have a serious illness as it is which I am currently managing to control, but this is very very new to me. And as I said scary. Especially when I was on my own, had no one to call to come in and be with me etc. :(

KP, my cars been precision worked on to enable it to go back exactly how it was. :lol:

Yes, I would usually run pod as a roadgoing car, but I just want to hit a sub 15 and as low into the 14's as possible. (if possibl!) with a completely stock chassis and engine on a Pre Facelift. I know removing weigt itsnt a true measure, but I genuinely am enjoying the cars characeteristics without the weight and may keep it as so for a while. Tyre Weld, Check. AA Membership, Check.

Fair play...

Thats why my car never came with a spare/jack etc from the factory. Just tyre weld.

Shame the sun roof adds 30 kg lol.

DSC02429Medium.jpg

DSC02430Medium.jpg

Stance with rear weight removed...Yes, VERY HIGH hahahah Stacked perfectly for better traction on the strip.

DSC02424Medium.jpg

The backs of the rear seats are being taken out tomorrow morning.

Tanks for the messages of concern guys :) It was probably THE most single scary thing I have ever been through. I have a serious illness as it is which I am currently managing to control, but this is very very new to me. And as I said scary. Especially when I was on my own, had no one to call to come in and be with me etc. :(

KP, my cars been precision worked on to enable it to go back exactly how it was. :lol:

Yes, I would usually run pod as a roadgoing car, but I just want to hit a sub 15 and as low into the 14's as possible. (if possibl!) with a completely stock chassis and engine on a Pre Facelift. I know removing weigt itsnt a true measure, but I genuinely am enjoying the cars characeteristics without the weight and may keep it as so for a while. Tyre Weld, Check. AA Membership, Check.

Sorry to hear about your shock there mate, aswell as the fact that you're dealing wih that illness. As long as you can drive, all is well. :D

It sucks to have something hold you back like that. Asthma is mine. :(

And its good that you can put your rolla back how it was. I certainly can't do that now, but neither would I want to I must say! :lol: Your car is sooooo high up now lol. Now all you need is some HotRod flames down the side.....

Hot rod flames or look of shock on other competitors @ santa pod when they saw the times it ran? ;)

Im more than happy with the understated 4*4 look :lol:

Remember you can always get another car, your life is not so easy to replace - Take care

I dont drive anywhere near like i would @ santa pod on public roads. Its why it took me 4 runs to get used to a fast launch in 1st. And as far as cornering goes... lol... i prefer not too with my current tyres :D

I did mistake it for a Grande Cherokee...... :P

You mean its Not a Hummer :lol:

I did mistake it for a Grande Cherokee...... :P

You mean its Not a Hummer :lol:

Say what you all like about this car, but to be fair its the best N/A CTS I've driven... that would be three and the other two were F/L models... you feel lift so much more and the echoing around the car is awesome! :D

I think that pretty much sums this up B)

Its stock ride height = rediculous, but a bit of a potent high riser!

Maybe you should do what the yanks are now doing and thats raising the car to ridiculous heights along with similarly ridiculously large rims too.

It sheers the wheel nuts if you drive it too hard, but you win some you lose some. :lol:

maybe its back as it was with the interior refitted?! who knows.

as for big wheels no ta, id loose my accel :D

maybe its back as it was with the interior refitted?! who knows.

as for big wheels no ta, id loose my accel :D

You're getting hardcore now ricc.

All you need is to spend £400 on 4 Titanium wheel-nuts. :lol: You may shave 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001222334 of a second. :P

ever think you over step the mark sometimes? and possibly dont understand whats been said previous? hmmmm

ever think you over step the mark sometimes? and possibly dont understand whats been said previous? hmmmm

40 love :D

Lol.

Keep it stripped out. I have so much weight reduction from getting rid of the seats etc.

Everyone seems so stressy today. Maybe the heat. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links