Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Hear A Slight Knocking Sound

Avensis-Boy

Hello i am in need of some help please, the problem i have is that when driving i can hear and feel a slight knock bang, this only happens when i drive on uneven road with like potholes, gravel etc not over speed bumps though.

This has become really annoying because i know it is there and i dont think passengers could even hear it.

So far i have had two different mechanics have look at bushes anti roll bar links even wheel bearing and they say everything is fine.

Anybody got ideas as to what it could be ? any help much appreciated

To Avensis-Boy,

I would be inclined to have another really good look at A/R/Bar Links & Bushes. Following that, all ball joints & suspension link bars Fr & Back. You don't give year or model.

Regards, Beagh.

Hello i am in need of some help please, the problem i have is that when driving i can hear and feel a slight knock bang, this only happens when i drive on uneven road with like potholes, gravel etc not over speed bumps though.

This has become really annoying because i know it is there and i dont think passengers could even hear it.

So far i have had two different mechanics have look at bushes anti roll bar links even wheel bearing and they say everything is fine.

Anybody got ideas as to what it could be ? any help much appreciated

hello mate

i have something similar and after have tested all suspension my mechanic told me that i have to replace both fore calipiers guide pins due to their overal dias reducing etc. Sure I hear this knock/s each day. I gonna change them by this next service.

cheers/Igor

To Avensis-Boy,

I would be inclined to have another really good look at A/R/Bar Links & Bushes. Following that, all ball joints & suspension link bars Fr & Back. You don't give year or model.

Regards, Beagh.

Yeah sorry its a 2.0 ltr d4d 55 plate, i will get them to have o look at ball joints as wqell.

I had this problem a while back . It turned out to be the brake pads rattling in the calliper. I think this was due to there being no anti squeel shims on the pads (nice one toyota).

I put the stick on shims on and so far no probs.

I had this problem a while back . It turned out to be the brake pads rattling in the calliper. I think this was due to there being no anti squeel shims on the pads (nice one toyota).

I put the stick on shims on and so far no probs.

Or put copper grease on instead

Or put copper grease on instead

Thats what i did the first time but the rattling + the squeeling came back after about 2 months.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links