Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Avensis Owner To Be

Gribbo

Hi all,

Ordered a new car last week & chose Avensis T4 Tourer, 2.2 diesel 180, no extra's, my first Toyota!!

:)

Will an IPOD work as standard, or do I need to buy adapters etc? Also what would the average time be from order to delivery? Also any of you had a spider tuning box fitted, considering one of these in the future.

Cheerz

Hi Gribbo,

There is a thread debating Spider here : http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...7&hl=spider

Don't be put off by the OP / first post. Toyota's are extremely sensitive to boost pressure and if a chip is too enthustiastic the ECU will switch the engine to safe map mode to prevent potential damage. Because the chips fool the injection the ECU just thinks the extra boost for fuel mix is a fault so it shuts it down. It only happens when the chip is being over enthusiastic - normally fixed by checking the chip is the correct one for the engine or knocking the power down by 1 notch.

Other alternative would be the Tunit chip which was carefully mapped to the sr180 auris (same engine). Owners here also have dragon chips. Parts King is also getting t180 chips in for trial. He works for a toyota dealership in wrexham and is well known here and normally tests all the chips before selling them on demos.

There is a t180 owner with a spider box in that thread that must have had it running for nearly 2 years now without problems. That is a good testament to it.

As for delivery time i can't help on that one but i know the T4 comes with an Auxilliary Input Socket - think its in the glove box or in the slider compartment in the center but someone might be able to clarify that.

A t180 tourer will be a really nice car to live with! You might only get low 40's MPG overall providing you dont only do town journeys.

To Gribbo,

Not trying to be awkard (as car has already been purchased ) but why buy a car that you feel the need to modify maybe straight away or some time in the future. Just wondering?????

Regards, Beagh.

The Aux input is in the centre storage area next to the aux power socket. it's a standard 3.5mm socket. I dont have an ipod but I understand these are a different type connection? so you may need an adapter.

IPOD will work as standard all you will need is standard mini jack cable. Only downside is that you can't control the IPOD from the steering wheel controls :(

Hi all,

Ordered a new car last week & chose Avensis T4 Tourer, 2.2 diesel 180, no extra's, my first Toyota!!

:)

Will an IPOD work as standard, or do I need to buy adapters etc? Also what would the average time be from order to delivery? Also any of you had a spider tuning box fitted, considering one of these in the future.

Cheerz

Hi Gribbo,

I have also ordered the Tourer (T4 2lt petrol MultiDriveS in black). The order went in 28th April when I was told lead time was 12 to 14 weeks, so you could have a long wait if your car cannot be sourced from stock.

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links