Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T Sport De-cat Pipe

Ed_Tsport

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum :) im 17, iv not passed my test just yet but i own a 2004 yaris T sport. Im not looking to make any major mods (not yet anyway :P ), just noticed that the cat is pretty much bolted to the exhaust manifold which seems a very restrictive location. I was wondering if anyone had a de-cat pipe for sale or any info on performance gains when one is fitted.i intend fitting this in addition to a stainless cat-back system. Any figures or past experience would be great. thanks!

i find it hard no one has fitted a de-cat pipe to their T sport? any info would be great thanks :rolleyes:

well fella lets just say that the centre section is all 1 piece and that if you do it you might get a few flames out the back. A mate of mine has a decat and lets just say he likes it so if your thinking of doing it then do it :thumbsup:

Fitting de-cat pipes is great until the MOT is due! :huh:

Then it's hassle changing the thing back to standard, plus the insurance will have to be told....but that allways up to the individual. :D

changing it back shouldn't be too much of problem for MOTs as long as its worth it all year round in performance gains, and price!! how much difference should i be expecting? i feel its location is surely more restrictive that most cars?

I would only do it if the performance gains were massive but you would only know that by doing a dyno run as standard and then another dyno run once modded.

Can't help you with how much difference you would expect, you mean in terms of bhp?

It could be as little as 5bhp or as much as 10bhp. But i am guessing at that. ;)

thanks alot for the replies, i will try to contact envy performance see if they have any figures/advice they can give me as they work on a lot of toyotas, although i will having the de-cat and exhaust system custom made.

Hey buddy!

With a manifold, sports cat/decat and cat back your looking around 15bhp increase and bit more torque than standard!

Unsure of what fitting a decat alone will do, best bang for bucks with yaris mods is definally a free flow manifold!