Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remanufactured Avensis Clutch

GeorgeJoseph

Hello All,

I bought a toyota original clutch from eBay for 56£. It was written that it usually retails for 122£ and he was selling it for 56£. I called curry motors and they mentioned there are 2 clutches - one for 122£(this one) and one for 220£ which is the one they fit into new cars. The curry motors guy said there was no difference between the 120£ one and the 220£ one.

Today when I got the clutch, I was shocked to see that it was a remanufactred clutch. It was an original toyota allright, but, remnufactured in the EU by Valeo - I am now thinking ,is the fact that the clutch is remanufactured ,the actual difference between the 220£ and 120£ one~? Is it worth using this clutch for changing the clutch on my 4AFE based avensis?

Any inputs appreciated.

Tx,

George.

Hello All,

I bought a toyota original clutch from ebay for 56£. It was written that it usually retails for 122£ and he was selling it for 56£. I called curry motors and they mentioned there are 2 clutches - one for 122£(this one) and one for 220£ which is the one they fit into new cars. The curry motors guy said there was no difference between the 120£ one and the 220£ one.

Today when I got the clutch, I was shocked to see that it was a remanufactred clutch. It was an original toyota allright, but, remnufactured in the EU by Valeo - I am now thinking ,is the fact that the clutch is remanufactured ,the actual difference between the 220£ and 120£ one~? Is it worth using this clutch for changing the clutch on my 4AFE based avensis?

Any inputs appreciated.

Tx,

George.

Not a fan of remanfactured clutches myself but having said that, Valeo are not a mickey mouse company so it could well be ok.

If you are fitting it yourself, the worst case is that you will have to do it again if it causes problems.

Personally I would be happier with a brand new clutch, be it genuine or from a known manufacturer such as Borg & Beck, Sachs or even Valeo.

If you are paying someone to fit it, you will have to pay twice if there are any problems.

You really need to find someone who has had one of these specific units fitted. If the eBay seller sells these all the time, check his feedback for someone who has bought the same item, contact them to ask for their experience with the item.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Hello All,

I bought a toyota original clutch from ebay for 56£. It was written that it usually retails for 122£ and he was selling it for 56£. I called curry motors and they mentioned there are 2 clutches - one for 122£(this one) and one for 220£ which is the one they fit into new cars. The curry motors guy said there was no difference between the 120£ one and the 220£ one.

Any inputs appreciated.

Tx,

George.

Not a fan of remanfactured clutches myself but having said that, Valeo are not a mickey mouse company so it could well be ok.

If you are fitting it yourself, the worst case is that you will have to do it again if it causes problems.

Personally I would be happier with a brand new clutch, be it genuine or from a known manufacturer such as Borg & Beck, Sachs or even Valeo.

If you are paying someone to fit it, you will have to pay twice if there are any problems.

You really need to find someone who has had one of these specific units fitted. If the eBay seller sells these all the time, check his feedback for someone who has bought the same item, contact them to ask for their experience with the item.

Any inputs from anyone else. The clutch itself looks new with some minor bolt tightening marks here and there

Hello All,

Any inputs appreciated.

Tx,

George.

Any inputs from anyone else. The clutch itself looks new with some minor bolt tightening marks here and there

Hello George

All we do understand there's no open access for clutch to play with its changing (if any), so this important part has to be substituted on original brand new one.

I do not support your choice with even remanufactured cutch and it's because each time in order to change the clutch -- this leads to perform many accompany works etc.

Cheers/Igor