Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2009 Sr And Model Refresh

Klaynos

Sico - They've changed the spec in the past month. The June brochure has now been superceded for July-on cars.

The info I got is from the toyota.co.uk web site and is also in the eBrochure you can download from there....

They have removed some of the airbags from the TR but replaced them with the same alloys as the T-Spirit has.

You have to specify the "Safety pack" on the latest (July onwards) TR to get the curtain and knee airbags.

Your car will be one of the previous (Jan-Jun) TR models and the alloys will have been fitted as an bonus extra for you.

These you say... pretty.

post-80531-1247235926_thumb.jpg

I agree.... pretty... but still not a patch on the SR's 16-inch Toyota Motorsport wheels....

Gorgeous....

235_Auris%20pit%20lane%20alloy%20wheel.JPG

Sico - They've changed the spec in the past month. The June brochure has now been superceded for July-on cars.

The info I got is from the toyota.co.uk web site and is also in the eBrochure you can download from there....

They have removed some of the airbags from the TR but replaced them with the same alloys as the T-Spirit has.

You have to specify the "Safety pack" on the latest (July onwards) TR to get the curtain and knee airbags.

Your car will be one of the previous (Jan-Jun) TR models and the alloys will have been fitted as an bonus extra for you.

You're right, I wasn't aware of these rapid changes. I ordered my on the 24th, so 1 week later and I could say goodbye, to free 7 airbags, protection pack (btw. why did they stop adding this feature,parking sensors, mudflaps etc?) and on top of it I get alus.. Grrreat.

Pity though, they've increased the price as well.

You're right, I wasn't aware of these rapid changes. I ordered my on the 24th, so 1 week later and I could say goodbye, to free 7 airbags, protection pack (btw. why did they stop adding this feature,parking sensors, mudflaps etc?) and on top of it I get alus.. Grrreat.

Pity though, they've increased the price as well.

Toyota have made a real pig of the specs this year. the first TR's in May when delivered had different spect to both the web site and the brochure in different ways. Toyota admitted there had been printing errors. I guess the re-vamp is to sort out the mess.

I just really hope they will not mess up my delivery and will fit everything as it was in the brochure. But somehow I have a srtange feeling, there will be something missing... :disgust:

How many wheelnuts has the Yaris T-Sport wheels 4 or 5 ????

• 3 months later...

Looking at the Toyota web site it appears the T-Spirit is no longer available :eek:

The only Yaris versions are the T2 and TR, anyone else noticed this or know any different?

It was there the other day - I deliberately went for a look last week to see if there were any model or spec revisions for the 2010 model - but the site was unchanged from the point (some months ago) when they sropped the SR and put alloys back on the TR.

This site change must have happened within the last two or three days...

It might explain why some people are experiencing delays ordering the T Spirit on another thread....

There was no T Spirit on the website 2 weeks ago when I was looking, however the website also said at the time that the TR 1.33 had stability control so completely wrong!!

I can confirm that my newly registered TR on 28th Oct has 4 airbags, alloys and no stability control.

How strange - cos it was definately last week when I went for a look....

This is about the time of year when all the manufacturers review & revise their model ranges for the coming year, so there may be some announcements coming up....

Stability control is coming in as standard across the whole of Europe soon, as are daytime running lights, so I suspect there are still some revisions to come for the 2010 car....

I can't believe that there's not going to be a "luxury" and a "sporty" model in the range any more, as those higher models tend to have the better profits for the manufacturer...

However - the pricing for the T2 and TR models has gone up quite a bit over the past 12 months - Maybe this is a plan to mask that increase by dropping the more expensive models, so that they can say that the range is priced from £9900 - £13,600 (instead of quoting £9900 - £14900 when the T-Spirit was still on sale...)

It sounds daft, but I do know (from posts on this forum) that some people do naively compare models by simply looking at the advertised price range....

Someone here once argued that the Auris was more expensive than the Urban Cruiser, by simply looking at the maximum price of the top of the range model, rather than comparing cars of a similar engine size and spec.....

I suspect we'll make no sense of this in the short term - Yaris model choice and specifications have seen more change in 2009 than in any of the previous decade.

Its either bad market planning or there's something going on behind the scenes that we mere mortals can't second guess on this furum...

The Dutch web site still has lots of model choice - and both Dutch and UK cars are both made at the same factory in France - so it looks like its down to Toyota UK...

Just had a thought - as the Urban Cruiser has been launched in 2009 as an "upmarket Yaris", perhaps they decided to drop the expensive Yaris models in favour of the Urban Cruiser and just sell the "volume" models in the Yaris range...

Just checked and the 5-door 1.3 TR model has gone up from £10,300 to £11,600 since 2008......

And before anyone says its down to the new engine, the 1.0 T2 with the unchanged 1.0 engine and 5 speed gearbox has gone up from £8900 to £9900 since 2008 also....

The 5-door T-Spirit 1.4 diesel has gone up from £12,995 to £14,385 in the same time too...

They can't have been selling many T Spirits at that price compared to what else you can get for that money....

The TR is now far more expensive than our SR was when we bought that 12 months ago...

Something fishy is going on. Models are being dropped, prices increased and spec decreased. You have to pay another £700 for the airbags (and TC VSC) that were standard a few months ago.

This now means that the Yaris is no longer a 5-star NCAP safety rated car.

It only got its 5 star safety rating because of its full set of air bags.

The latest brochure even pointed out that only the T Spirit was 5 star rated (as that was the remaining model with all the air bags fitted as standard at the time...)

Until 2008, every model except the T2 had all the airbags as standard.......

True, also now cars only get the 5 stars with VSC fitted as standard, so if your Yaris has all the 9 air bags and the optional VSC/TC it will be a 5 star rated car.

Just checked and the 5-door 1.3 TR model has gone up from £10,300 to £11,600 since 2008......

And before anyone says its down to the new engine, the 1.0 T2 with the unchanged 1.0 engine and 5 speed gearbox has gone up from £8900 to £9900 since 2008 also....

The 5-door T-Spirit 1.4 diesel has gone up from £12,995 to £14,385 in the same time too...

They can't have been selling many T Spirits at that price compared to what else you can get for that money....

The TR is now far more expensive than our SR was when we bought that 12 months ago...

Nice way of re-couping the scrappage money?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links