Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Car Audio - Help!

Hamrocks

Hi,

I'm obviously new to this forum, and i'm fairly new to the world of ICE as well. I've got a 3 door 2001 Yaris, and im just looking to upgrade the factory install sound system, to make my time driving more enjoyable. Ive already had a Kenwood HUD and door Speakers fitted (There werent even any door Speakers to start off with!!) in place of my tape player courtesy of the local Halfords.

Firstly I need to change the iPod connector lead as i mashed the current one, along with my iPod by closing them in the door, so the lead is rather dodgy now. Ive read some of the DIY HUD changing topics, so im guessing it would be fairly easy just to plug another one of these in?? Im looking at just picking up one of these to change out the current one - Amazon Link

Secondly, the speaker output seems to mainly be through my crappy factory dash Speakers. Ive looked at johnny01's dash speaker how-to, and im fairly comfortable with changing these out myself too. But, Ive no idea as to what 10cm/4" speakers i should replace them with. Im not after anything expensive or flashy here - anything would be better haha. I'm just finding it very confusing as to what i really need to buy, im usually quite wise to manufacturer jargon but im rather lost on this one cus im so inexperienced.

Lastly, what sort of connectors do i need to buy for the dash speakers? Im guessing its going to depend on which speakers I buy, but is there a standard way to connect the wires to the connectors on the speakers?

I really appreciate any help, and if you need me to clarify anything I'll do my best :P

i just replaced the dash Speakers in my 2001 yaris too... hehe

after looking and looking and a little more looking, i got a pair of Advent 4", replaced them myself, and they sound awesome.

when it comes to 4", best to get the more pricey ones, 4" Speakers are not exspaensive at all BTW, and don't go with the big normal names like pioneer, jbl, rockford, because they alcome with crappy cone tweeters, besty to get the high end stuff, so your speaker don't drown them out as much, and 2way is a must at that size, no one way and no cone tweeters!!! lol

the advents i got have amazing tweeters, so good, that i uninstalled the vifa tweeters, and they have kickin base for 4".

just remeber 2 way Speakers, advent, hertz or whatever sounds good to you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links