Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do You Use To Clean Your Yaris?

waxxy

ive got a new black yaris and its a nightmare to keep it clean whats the best stuff to clean the exterior and clean the interior with?im scared of scratching the interior and the clotheed doors have got a little dirty even though ive only had the car a week or two !!! its my babys hands lol.

I use:

Meguiars Shampoo Shampoo

Carlack 68 Carlack

Collonite Wax x2 coats Collonite Wax

Then i cover it with a car cover untill the next weekend, then ile just wax it again... unless it rains.

Interior is easy, just a Merguiars detailing brush and a microfibre cloth, for the door cards just use a car shampoo, test it first, but there pretty colourfast.

Other things i find usefull:

Merguiars Brush

Cloths

Lambswool Mit

Gritguard Bucket

I use some Jeffs Werkstat Auto Body Wash detergent and then go over it with some cheap turtle wax :P I plan on getting some new wax along with some clay in future.

Nothing special, but it seems to be doing the job so far.

Black is notoriously difficult to keep clean, it scratches really easy and shows every swirl mark! :(

For washing it, use a quality lamswool mit or microfibre mit, don't press on the body hard whilst doing it, do one panel at a time the rinse off.

The 2 bucket method is best, but if you have a powerwasher with a detergent bottle attachment, you can Snow Foam the car, then you won't even have to touch the bodywork!.

Use a good towel to dry the car and use some good wax on the body. (loads available as suggested).

I allways find a damp clean sponge is best for applying wax or polish and removal with a quality piece of stockinette.

For any cloth interior, buy a bathroom nail brush and mix a bit of fairy liquid & water in a bowl then apply, works a treat! ;)

Black is notoriously difficult to keep clean, it scratches really easy and shows every swirl mark! :(

For washing it, use a quality lamswool mit or microfibre mit, don't press on the body hard whilst doing it, do one panel at a time the rinse off.

The 2 bucket method is best, but if you have a powerwasher with a detergent bottle attachment, you can snow foam the car, then you won't even have to touch the bodywork!.

Use a good towel to dry the car and use some good wax on the body. (loads available as suggested).

I allways find a damp clean sponge is best for applying wax or polish and removal with a quality piece of stockinette.

For any cloth interior, buy a bathroom nail brush and mix a bit of fairy liquid & water in a bowl then apply, works a treat! ;)

thanks for the info .yep your right it does show up dirt very easily but looks really nice once its clean..

IVE JUST NOTICED SOME *****S CLIPED MY BUMPER TODAY WHILE I WAS AT THE TRAFFORD CENTER MY LEFT BUMPERS GOT WHITE PAINT AND A FEW SCRATCHES ON THE FRONT AND THE CAR THAT WAS PARKED NEXT TOO MINE WAS WHITE I BET IT WAS HIM BECAUSE WHEN I PARKED IT THERE THERE WAS NO CARS NEXT TOO ME EAITHER SIDE BUT WHEN I CAME BACK THERE WAS A WHITE ALFA NEXT TOO MINE I WISHED ID SEEN IT AT THE TRAFFORD CENTER ID HAVE KICKED HIS DOOR IN !!

IVE ONLY JUST SEEN THE SCRATCHES WHEN I WENT OUT TOO CHECK THE WHEEL TRIMS I SAW THESE WHITE PAINT MARKS AND SCRATCHES DOWN ONE SIDE OF THE CAR !!!

IVE MANAGED TO GET THE PAINT OFF BY USING A WET TOWEL AND YOU CAN SEE THE SCRATCHES IF YOU LOOK FOR THEM BUT I HAVE O.C.D SO I KNOW THIS WILL DO MY HEAD IN NOW FOR MONTHS :( MAN I WANNA CRY WHAT A CRAPPY DAY IVE HAD :(

Use Flash car was kit on our Yaris.

Looks fab when its been done :)

were do you get that from mate ive never heard of it ?the only flash ive seen is the stuff you pour down the toilet lol hope you dont mean that stuff :P

were do you get that from mate ive never heard of it ?the only flash ive seen is the stuff you pour down the toilet lol hope you dont mean that stuff :P

No........ :lol: Not the stuff you put down the toilet... :lol:

It is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FLASH-HOME-CAR-WAS...M/dp/B0018LW6BQ

Not sure if it is still available.............but was supposed to be quite a good system :thumbsup:

thanks for the info i found a dealer selling the flash car kits and ordered a set ..it does sound good and hassle free any one else recommend or use it ?

thanks for the info i found a dealer selling the flash car kits and ordered a set ..it does sound good and hassle free any one else recommend or use it ?

I watched in amazment as my neihnbour stood there with a grin on his face saying "ile be done hours before you", yes... he was. But the result... s**t.

You cant beat attention to detail, patience, wax and elbow grease.

If it was THAT EASY and THAT GOOD.. it would have taken off and plenty of other makes would have copied the idea, as its just an ironised water treatment.

I use Aldi's wax to add to water, a 30p Morrions sponge and a Halfords artificial leather which I bought over 10 years ago and is great.

I use two buckets: one for washing water and one for the leather..

Hose the car first to make it wet and remove the worst dirst , wasg roof and windows, leather off and continue on down bit by bit.

I also add a small amount of used vinegar to the washing water: helps keep the glass and paint sparkling.

Takes 30 minutes to do a good job.

Wax properly once a year...with I can't remember.

I only wash the car when dirty as a weekly clean is unimportant...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links