Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cant Start My D4d 2.0 2001

haythame78

Hi All

I am new to this forum,

i purchased my Avenisis 2.0 D4D last September and now it is 70,000m i did about 9000 miles since i bought it.

this happened to me two times now, about three weeks ago i was trying to start my car in the afternoon but the engine would not start. i mean when i turn on the ignition no sound comes fom the engines as if the starter motor is not turning at all. i left the car for one day and was planning to call the recovery service, however, next day in the morning the car started without any problems.

i am using the car daily since without any problems, but yesterday in the afternoon, the car was left in the sun and it was a very hot day, the same problem happened again. However, today in the morning the car started! i am not complaining

today in the afternoon the car was left in the sun as well and again the car would not start.

can any one suggest what to do. could it be the heat messes up the electrics or the solonoid controlling the starter motor.

what do you suggest to do

Thanks in advance

Hi All

I am new to this forum,

i purchased my Avenisis 2.0 D4D last September and now it is 70,000m i did about 9000 miles since i bought it.

this happened to me two times now, about three weeks ago i was trying to start my car in the afternoon but the engine would not start. i mean when i turn on the ignition no sound comes fom the engines as if the starter motor is not turning at all. i left the car for one day and was planning to call the recovery service, however, next day in the morning the car started without any problems.

i am using the car daily since without any problems, but yesterday in the afternoon, the car was left in the sun and it was a very hot day, the same problem happened again. However, today in the morning the car started! i am not complaining

today in the afternoon the car was left in the sun as well and again the car would not start.

can any one suggest what to do. could it be the heat messes up the electrics or the solonoid controlling the starter motor.

Thanks in advance

hi mate

i had the same on my previous ford sierra 2.3dl -- the problem was --- poor contact of starter solenoid wire and it is understood the solenoid could not be moved to switch on the main starter motor. It was started well in the morning when the engine (+ all equippment) was cold, but when heated, especially in the summer -- this was happenned again. It looks like the same with yours. Cheers/Igor

Hi All

I am new to this forum,

Hi Igor thanx for your reply

Do yo u have any idea how could this be fixed? will i need to chnage the soloind itself, or can someone sort the contacts for me

thanks

Thanks in advance

hi mate

i had the same on my previous ford sierra 2.3dl -- the problem was --- poor contact of starter solenoid wire and it is understood the solenoid could not be moved to switch on the main starter motor. It was started well in the morning when the engine (+ all equippment) was cold, but when heated, especially in the summer -- this was happenned again. It looks like the same with yours. Cheers/Igor

Do yo u have any idea how could this be fixed? will i need to chnage the soloind itself, or can someone sort the contacts for me

thanks

Thanks in advance

thanks

Thanks in advance

hello again

start to investigate an area close to starter + all surrounding wires connected to the starter itself.

check with primer wire (12V) that is connected to the solenoid from relay; ignition lock wires.

The contact loosing must be found right there.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links