Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Lock & Air Con...

reece

I couldn’t open my boot lock today. My car had been sitting in the sun all day with temperatures of 30 degrees plus (rear of the car in direct sunlight)

The button would just push in but wouldn’t ‘catch’ to unlock it.

I hosed it down with cold water (to cool it) and it opened.

Anyone else had a seized lock in the extreme heat? I’ve had frozen locks in the cold, but never in the heat. Maybe the high temperature had caused some components to expanded causing the malfunction.

Also, what is the best setting to get maximum cold air in the car (with air con on)? Recirculation or direct from outside?

the guy at the toyota garage told me to use the outside air setting and when your in a traffic jam or heavy traffic switch to resurculate because if you leave it on outside air the car sucks in car fumes..he also said its best start with a high setting and once car is cold switch to lower settings..i dont know if this is true but thats what i was told im new to the whole air con in cars thing my old car only had one setting roast your nuts off too keep cool you had to open the windows

Recirculate gives maximum cooling.

If you have ever sat in a car with leather seats when dressed in shorts and the car has been in the sun, you would know the importance of quick cooling! :-)

I agree with Mr Mad. Recirculate gives fastest cooling likewise in winter recirc on hottest setting first thing for a couple of minutes gets the car interior warmed up quicker.

Recirculate gives maximum cooling.

If you have ever sat in a car with leather seats when dressed in shorts and the car has been in the sun, you would know the importance of quick cooling! :-)

I did just that today in my Accord. Damn seats near melted the skin off my legs! :censor: Damn i hate this weather! :(

jesus thats another thing the guy at the toyota garage told me which was wrong..he told me the wrong specs on my new car and now hes told me the wrong info on how to keep it cool...he also told me to use ordinary unleaded and dont go for the 95 thinner stuff is this true or should i go for the more refinned stuff or just stick with bog standard petrol.

he also told me to use ordinary unleaded and dont go for the 95 thinner stuff

95RON IS 'ordinary' petrol :unsure:

jesus thats another thing the guy at the toyota garage told me which was wrong..he told me the wrong specs on my new car and now hes told me the wrong info on how to keep it cool...he also told me to use ordinary unleaded and dont go for the 95 thinner stuff is this true or should i go for the more refinned stuff or just stick with bog standard petrol.

Bog standard low (ish) performance cars are fine, if not better on 95 ron.... the othrer stuff is for hotter, more powerful cars that would "pink" with lower ron fuel!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links