18 replies to this topic

#1 phil_h

phil_h

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • Toyota Model: Supra Mk2

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hi all,

I picked up my first Toyota and Japanese car a couple of months back - a 1984 Celica Supra with the 2.8L 6cyl 5MGE engine and manual 5 speed box. I've always been into retro cars and when I saw this for sale I knew I had to get it. I'm not sure if the previous owner was on this website but some of you may recognise the car if so.

The spec from standard is pretty impressive - it has electric windows + sunroof, LSD, IRS, digital dash, cruise control, air-con, multi adjustable seats etc. All of which works which is nice on a retro!
The condition of the paint, engine, bodywork and interior is amazing for a 25year old car, a real credit to its previous owners - with only a couple of tiny rust bubbles on the boot lid.

The car has a couple of modifications - Simota air filter and 3inch intake, full exhaust system (sounds amazing) and much lower suspension than standard (a bit choppy and can make speedbumps a challenge) It really is a joy to drive and puts a big smile on my face every time I do!
The 2.8 lump has 168bhp/169lb/ft of torque so it goes well! Fuel consumption is a little scary after driving a series of small engined snotters but it really is worth it for how much fun it is. The interior is very very 80's but again, is in mint condtion and looks pretty much new.
Insurance is a bit of nightmare as I'm only 20 and it's a Group 20, but again, it's worth it. I plan on keeping her pretty much as she is, maybe changing the wheels for some period rims but not too sure yet. Enough talk anyway here's some pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cabcurtains

cabcurtains

"Keep on Trucking"

• Bronze Member
  • 3,232 posts
  • First Name:Dale
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 11' Prius + 62' Mazda 6
  • Year: 2011

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

Thats a cool car :thumbsup: am loving the brown plastic dash and brown steering wheel :D

#3 Leeky

Leeky

Ich liebe deutschland!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,545 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Celica GT-Four

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

Ahhhhhh so your the new owner of the Biscuit! :lol:

Your car is well known in the mk2 supra community and i know its a very good example.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I used to have a 85 MA61 Manual in white in which i swapped out 2.8 5M-GE for the 4.0 1UZ-FE. This instantly meant i had the fastest mk2 in europe :lol:

Since sold it to a chap who is over in Ireland.

Love these cars to bits, all the best :thumbsup:

#4 phil_h

phil_h

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • Toyota Model: Supra Mk2

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

Ahhhhhh so your the new owner of the Biscuit! :lol:

Your car is well known in the mk2 supra community and i know its a very good example.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I used to have a 85 MA61 Manual in white in which i swapped out 2.8 5M-GE for the 4.0 1UZ-FE. This instantly meant i had the fastest mk2 in europe :lol:

Since sold it to a chap who is over in Ireland.

Love these cars to bits, all the best :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

'The biscuit'??! Lol :lol: Cheers, its in great nick and I plan on keeping it that way. Is there a UK mk2 forum? I coudn't seem to find one before.

Your MA61 project sounds ace, would be interested to see a thread or pics if you have any?

Cheers

#5 Bibbs

Bibbs

Dodgy Geezer and Gold Member Too!!

• Registered Member
  • 11,208 posts
  • First Name:Ben
  • Toyota Model: Hilux SR5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Your MA61 project sounds ace, would be interested to see a thread or pics if you have any?

I borrowed Leeky's car for a while, when I managed to destroy my engine.

Such a giggle.

#6 Steigers

Steigers

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Toyota Model: 7M-GTE

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Very nice looking car :D They look like Nology Hotwires that you are running on as well?

#7 Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 1,958 posts
  • First Name:Bob
  • Toyota Model: 2004 Rav4 & 2006 AYGO Sport.
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

Welcome to 2.8 Celica-Supra ownership Phil :) and your car was called the CONKER on the celica-club for obvious reasons :D , its a well know and well looked after car so you should have no big worries with it, looks like I'm not the only Celica-Supra owner on here now, will not since Leeky jumped ship :P , let me know if you need any advice :)

#8 Leeky

Leeky

Ich liebe deutschland!

• Advanced Members
  • 6,545 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Celica GT-Four

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

and your car was called the CONKER....... will not since Leeky jumped ship

Thats what it was called! God knows why i thought it was called the Biscuit! :lol:

Ahh yes i do miss the ole MA61, special cars :) Never driven anything else with that same feel :)

#9 supramax

supramax

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: celica supra MA61, celica TA22, MR2 AW11

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Hi all,

I picked up my first Toyota and Japanese car a couple of months back - a 1984 Celica Supra with the 2.8L 6cyl 5MGE engine and manual 5 speed box. I've always been into retro cars and when I saw this for sale I knew I had to get it. I'm not sure if the previous owner was on this website but some of you may recognise the car if so.

The spec from standard is pretty impressive - it has electric windows + sunroof, LSD, IRS, digital dash, cruise control, air-con, multi adjustable seats etc. All of which works which is nice on a retro!
The condition of the paint, engine, bodywork and interior is amazing for a 25year old car, a real credit to its previous owners - with only a couple of tiny rust bubbles on the boot lid.

The car has a couple of modifications - Simota air filter and 3inch intake, full exhaust system (sounds amazing) and much lower suspension than standard (a bit choppy and can make speedbumps a challenge) It really is a joy to drive and puts a big smile on my face every time I do!
The 2.8 lump has 168bhp/169lb/ft of torque so it goes well! Fuel consumption is a little scary after driving a series of small engined snotters but it really is worth it for how much fun it is. The interior is very very 80's but again, is in mint condtion and looks pretty much new.
Insurance is a bit of nightmare as I'm only 20 and it's a Group 20, but again, it's worth it. I plan on keeping her pretty much as she is, maybe changing the wheels for some period rims but not too sure yet. Enough talk anyway here's some pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 supramax

supramax

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: celica supra MA61, celica TA22, MR2 AW11

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hi. Welcome to the world of Supra ownership!! God only knows how you managed to get insured at 20!!! I had to wait till I was 29 before I could afford the insurance. I have an identical Supra which I have spent the last 3 years renovating. Stripped to a bare shell & colour changed to Chrysler salsa red (an orangey copper colour) Sorry guys but I hated the 2 tone burgundy/mahogany colour scheme!!! Has had all parts refurbished or renewed & is now in the stage of bolting everything back together, luckily I have a donor car next to it so I can put everything back in the right order with correct fixings etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU STRIP YOUR SUPRA TO A BARE SHELL!!!!!!! Im looking for a set of new wheelarch mouldings (the black rubbers that fit between the flares & the car body) If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you enjoy your Supra, they are certainly an 80's icon which get admiring glances & comments when filling up at he petrol station. Not surprising as they still look stylish alongside todays sports coupes which tend to have no individuality or character!!!
All the best, Supramax.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users